RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Using Scdophilus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't know if that is the BTVC or not. I just know from this group, that it is easiest to start small. I didn't and the first time I ate a 7 oz. jar of yogurt, I thought I was going to die. I waited a while and started off really small.

Slow and steady is my hard and fast rule with SCD.

Misty Kimble

Subject: Re: Using ScdophilusTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 4:29 PM

Thanks for the Info Misty :)I'm not seeing where there are recommendations on how much yogurt the use. Do you have page number in the BTVC book?Below is what the Scdophilus web site says.Loren :)------------ --------- --"(SCD Legal) Scdophilus™ is an innovative probiotic designed to beused in conjunction with, and in support of, the Specific CarbohydrateDiet (SCD)":SCD Compliant BaseThe highest quality plant-based cellulose is used in place of non-compliant base ingredients including; maltodextrin (corn, wheat orrice derived), the chicory root based inulin oligosaccharide,anhydrose dextrose (corn derived) and/or fructooligosacchari des(FOS). Cellulose offers a safe and effective base that is alsoacceptable/legal for use in the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

When I get back into my house, I'll look in my BTVC and see if I can find anything, but it might be another week or so. I'm glad starting smaller helped!!!

Misty Kimble

After rereading Breaking the Vicious Cycle, going through the index on"yogurt". I can find no guidance on how to use Yogurt in the book.Nothing on how to introduce it into the diet, how much to start with,nothing.If I missed something I'd sure like to know a page number.I used one capsule of Scdophilus the first day as directed on theScdophilus web site and the bottle. I had a complete bowel cleansing.Yowzer!!! I then took your advise Misty, and divided the capsule in 1/4 and allis well. Thanks Misty :)Slow and easy it is then.Loren :)

How do you support "We can start using acidophilus (or yogurt) justafter the intro. diet." Kim. :)I mean suppose one buys the book, has no internet access, or doesn'tfind this group. How does one know how to implement acidophilus orYogurt into the diet?Dearest One Loren :)

On pg 69 in BTVC the basic diet; see Cheese Cake (pg 130) and pg 157 - 159 to make the homemade yogurt and/or into cream cheese________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Indy, IN------------------------------------

This group is the ONLY reason I was successful with SCD. I don't think the book doesn't go into a good enough detailed explanation about the intro diet. I had started the diet last year right after my diagnosis but wound up getting sicker because I was eating all the advanced stuff. After a stay in the hospital, I stopped the diet. When my doc told me that I had to get on Humira or Remicaid or I would be facing surgery in a year because I was getting worse, I decided to try SCD again. I restarted on Jan 5, but again went into very advanced foods. Though I was better, I wasn't feeling the benefits of the diet so I joined this group for guidance. I saw where they discussed the intro diet and started it on Feb. 5. The pain stopped almost overnight. Had I not joined this group, I would probably be on Humira or Remicaid working 3 jobs to support the

payments. So, to answer your question, I just don't know that a person could read the book and really know how important the introductory phase of the diet is. I had to take it so slow eating only 6-7 foods I couild tolerate for months.

Sorry, I couldn't help you, but I truly do understand your question.

Misty Kimble - 31 yo

Southeast Louisiana

CD - 2/07 - no meds

SCD - 8 months

I mean suppose one buys the book, has no internet access, or doesn'tfind this group. How does one know how to implement acidophilus orYogurt into the diet?Loren :)

Grammy :) you must have a different edition than I have.Mine is Copyright 1994.Basic diet Page 51 Cheese Cake (pg 104) and pg 131 - 134 to make thehomemade yogurt and/or into cream cheeseSo then :) the only direction in the BTVC book as to amounts of Yogurtto be eaten is:"The amounts of the specified foods to be eaten depend upon theappetite of the individual; there is no restriction as to quantitieseaten." Is that correct?Dearest One Loren :)

I have the Tenth Anniversary Edition - 2004 That is why the pages

are differant because of The Autism Connection was added to the book.

You are correct, that is what he book says:"The amounts of the specified foods to be eaten depend upon theappetite of the individual; there is no restriction as to quantitieseaten." Is that correct?

Also on Elaine's website about the amount of yogurt a day:Is there a maximum amount of yoghurt I can eat in one day?

http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/beginners_guide/yoghurt/yog_faq.htmYes don't take more than 3 cups per day whether dripped or undripped. Elaine writes: The reason I put a "top" on yoghurt amount is because of the amount of one of the sugars of which lactose is composed: galactose. In other words, more than 3 cups would put stress on the liver to convert galactose to glucose and people with IBD don't need more stress on the liver. However, if you drip the yoghurt, you are getting rid of the watery part with the galactose so if you can eat 3 cups of dripped yoghurt per day (and I can't imagine why you would want that

much), go ahead. Just remember that you are eating pure casein which is a very good protein but that would be an awful lot.________________________________________Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Indy, IN Dearest One Loren :)> On pg 69 in BTVC the basic diet; see Cheese Cake (pg 130) and pg 157- 159 to make the homemade yogurt and/or into cream cheese> ________________________________________> Loving Care Grammy Gay CD-1994,SCD-1997 > Web Site: http://www.SCDiet.net/ Indy, IN

I agree. The group support and constant new information (and recipes) is as important as the basics in the book. The internet provides a new tool for group learning (and sometimes I think therapy) that was never possible before the internet. HarveyThis group is the ONLY reason I was successful with SCD. I don't think the book doesn't go into a good enough detailed explanation about the intro diet. I had started the diet last year right after my diagnosis but wound up getting sicker because I was eating all the advanced stuff. After a stay in the hospital, I stopped the diet. When my doc told me that I had to get on Humira or Remicaid or I would be facing surgery in a year because I was getting worse, I decided to try SCD again. I restarted on Jan 5, but again went into very advanced foods. Though I was better, I wasn't feeling the benefits of the diet so I joined this group for guidance. I saw where they discussed the intro diet and started it on Feb. 5. The pain stopped almost overnight. Had I not joined this group, I would probably be on Humira or Remicaid working 3 jobs to support the payments. So, to answer your question, I just don't know that a person could read the book and really know how important the introductory phase of the diet is. I had to take it so slow eating only 6-7 foods I couild tolerate for months.Sorry, I couldn't help you, but I truly do understand your question. Misty Kimble - 31 yoSoutheast LouisianaCD - 2/07 - no medsSCD - 8 months--- On Sat, 9/6/08, Loren <zlge012345gmail> wrote:I mean suppose one buys the book, has no internet access, or doesn'tfind this group. How does one know how to implement acidophilus orYogurt into the diet?Loren :)