RemedySpot.com

Re: Gustav again!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I ate tons of canned tuna and pineapples. I still don't have electricity. I have 3 trees down in my yard but none hit my house. I probaby won't have electricity for another week. Blah. Overall, it wasn't a bad experience though. Almost everyone I know has a tree or 2 down in their yard but only 1 person's house was hit by one. Baton Rouge, which is about 15 miles west of me, got hit really bad. Actually, they say it was the most damaging hurricane to East Baton Rouge Parish ever. All in all, we were really lucky. I had bought a generator after Katrina and Rita and never had to use it. I used it this time so we had fans and a refrigerator. We couldn't run the oven or range on the generator so I couldn't cook that's why I ate all the tuna and pineapples. If I had to do it over again, I would buy an electric skillet (which I might do) so I could

plug it into the generator and cook. It would have been nice to have hot food.

We ate out once and I think it had illegals cause I've been having some tummy issues, but I feel much better today.

Misty Kimble

Souteast Louisiana

CD - 2/07 - no meds

SCD - 8 months

Subject: Gustav again!To: BTVC-SCD Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 6:45 PM

So how did all of you do in the Hurricane area of Gustav?Did you have power? Were your emergency food supplies needed?Anyone learn any new tips during Gustav?JodiSCD 11 monthsCrohn's/Colitis

Hi Misty,

Was the pineapple canned? I recently read that some people said that

certain canned Dole's aren't the original ingredients that are legal

as they have a couple of different types now. Maybe that was an issue?

I am glad that the hurricane wasn't devastating. It is just so heart

breaking reading how you guys go through this- plus all the dietary

issues and restrictions probably makes it super difficult!

Baden recently told me about Freecycle. Maybe you can find a hotplate

or electric skillet through there??

Jodi

SCD 11 months

Crohn's/Colitis

>

> I ate tons of canned tuna and pineapples. I still don't have

electricity. I have 3 trees down in my yard but none hit my house. I

probaby won't have electricity for another week. Blah. Overall, it

wasn't a bad experience though. Almost everyone I know has a tree or 2

down in their yard but only 1 person's house was hit by one. Baton

Rouge, which is about 15 miles west of me, got hit really bad.

Actually, they say it was the most damaging hurricane to East Baton

Rouge Parish ever. All in all, we were really lucky. I had bought a

generator after Katrina and Rita and never had to use it. I used it

this time so we had fans and a refrigerator. We couldn't run the oven

or range on the generator so I couldn't cook that's why I ate all the

tuna and pineapples. If I had to do it over again, I would buy an

electric skillet (which I might do) so I could plug it into the

generator and cook. It would have been nice to have hot food.

The pineapple was canned. I wasn't Dole but another brand that is supposed to be canned in it's own juice. Someone on here had said that fruit canned in it's own juice is usually ok. I didn't start having problems until after the food in the restaraunt, so I'm sure that's what it was. I feel much much better now.

Hurricanes aren't so bad. If you work for a good company, you get paid days off. LOL Really though, they aren't that bad unless you get them back to back like Katrina and Rita and now it looks like Gustav and Ike. UGH!!! I should be getting my electricity back tomorrow. There are places that were hit really had who will be out for months. I'm glad I'm not one of them!!!

I just found out about a Yahoo Group: RedStickFreeUse or something like that. I am going to post a few things I want to give away then I'm going to ask. The moderators on the group are sticklers for you posting something if you ask for something. That's a good suggestion to ask for that and I was going to ask about a dehydrator too.

Thanks for the idea!!!

MIsty Kimble

Hi Misty,Was the pineapple canned? I recently read that some people said thatcertain canned Dole's aren't the original ingredients that are legalas they have a couple of different types now. Maybe that was an issue?I am glad that the hurricane wasn't devastating. It is just so heartbreaking reading how you guys go through this- plus all the dietaryissues and restrictions probably makes it super difficult!Baden recently told me about Freecycle. Maybe you can find a hotplateor electric skillet through there??JodiSCD 11 monthsCrohn's/Colitis