RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: eating out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You are exactly right! And when they ask "what are you allergic to", I just say anything other than what I've asked for.

When I eat out, I opt NOT to give them a huge list of stuff I can't have because I'm sure it could be overwhelming and confusing. This is what I do:

1. Look at the menu before committing to eating there (online, if possible).

2. Find something on the menu that looks like it could be stripped down for me (fish, salads, veggies).

3. Explain to the server that I have "food allergies," but assure her that what I need is very simple (which it is). Then I ask her specifically for what I want, e.g. "Could I get a plain grilled salmon fillet with just salt and pepper on it, plus some steamed spinach cooked in olive oil and garlic?"

This way, the server doesn't just get overwhelmed, but has it spelled out how to accommodate me. I do this in a very kind voice and tip well to ensure good treatment for the next "tough" customer.

Hope this helps! Bring lots of supplemental food, too. I always have a bunch of baked goods and buy cheese and fruit when I get to where I'm going.

CD 11 years

SCD 1.5 years