RemedySpot.com

Re: Newbie here---questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, I have a great cookbook. It is called Lucy's Specific Carbohydrate Diet Cookbook. We use it all the time! I also buy our flour, probiotics, and yogurt starter from her. (Plus, I got our yogurt maker from her also.) Her number is . She is a great resource to talk to. She is very knowledgeable about the diet.

If you get the cookbook, our favorites are pages 93, 87, 92, 62, 97, and 18.

Good luck with the diet. My daughter has been on it for 2 months and is doing much better. The first month was pretty rough, but things are much better now.

Good luck.

Kathy

Subject: Newbie here---questionsTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008, 1:22 PM

Hi,I have only been SCD since Tuesday and have lots of questions! I wasGFCF for 6 weeks prior to SCD. I guess my official diagnosis is"leaky gut". I have many food intolerances (reacting to 70 accordingto my IgG results), but no food allergies. I have had "stomachissues" for probably 20 years, but I just considered it genetic sincealmost everyone in my immediate and extended family has undiagnosedstomach issues. 1) I do not have any D/constipation and I'm wondering if I can addcheese and other legal SCD foods....and kind of skip the "intro diet".Even after 4 days of SCD, I don't feel like my stomach is going toexplode from bloating!2) Is there such a thing as too much protein? I feel like I'm eatinga lot of protein and don't want to overdose on protein. However, I amREALLY hungry. I read a few posts here and see that many people eat 6or so smaller meals throughout the day.3)

What is your favorite grain free cookbook besides BTVC?4) Is there an online source for pecan flour or almond flour that isless expensive than Whole Foods (for example)?5) I think I need to buy a yogurt machine. Do you have one? Do youreally use it?That's all for now. I look forward to reading these posts andlearning more. Many thanks in advance, from NJ