Re:was Lactose-Free Milk/starting without the book

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do you know about the official site?

http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

It has a comprehensive legal/illegal list and most of the info needed

to start as well as the yogurt directions. In fact, I did not have the

book for a while and did not change much after getting it, but I was

glad at the time to get the ketchup recipe in it.

Elaine was very generous with info and there is a lot available for no

charge on her site. Note: I am not saying do not buy the book.....just

that there is a lot on the site. Michele

Hi Michele -

Yes, I know about the official site as well as a bunch of others. I am reading as fast as I can when I have the time so that I'll have he knowledge ASAP. I find it all very interesting so it is not hard to do this.

However, the question about the lactose-free milk came about because my daughter started the diet based on a visit to a nutrition aware doctor and my raving about how good I felt on this diet. She sent for the yogurt maker and book, but the book didn't arrive as soon as the yogurt maker, so she made it from the milk she had been buying. When it didn't "gel" was when I found out she was using the lactose-free milk. I couldn't find anywhere that it was a no-no, thus the question. Did you see it on the website? Where?

I've passed on the websites to my daughter, and she has seen some of several BUT is so busy with full-time working at home, just returning from a business trip, and getting small daughter started in school that she hasn't had a lot of time....or energy....especially while not feeling up to par...to read much. So I try not to load her up with too much info at the start, realizing that I am at the very beginning of learning myself. She'll get on this listserve when she feels she needs it, I would imagine...then can ask her own questions.

Thanx for your advice. Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. I am on a trip and not online much.

B

SCD 1 mo

Re:was Lactose-Free Milk/starting without the book

,Do you know about the official site? http://www.breaking theviciouscycle. info/It has a comprehensive legal/illegal list and most of the info needed to start as well as the yogurt directions. In fact, I did not have the book for a while and did not change much after getting it, but I was glad at the time to get the ketchup recipe in it. Elaine was very generous with info and there is a lot available for no charge on her site. Note: I am not saying do not buy the book.....just that there is a lot on the site. Michele