RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Re: old timers scd not for newbies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I tried eating 88% dark chocolate after being on scd for 4 years after a meal but it does not work for me. I noticed my gums bleeding and it messed up my stools and sleep.JAHwww.glutenfreeeugene.orgSubject: Re:Re: old timers scd not for newbiesTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 5:36 AM

Yes, I'm guilty of eating one or two pieces of dark chocolate per week -- but I waited until year 4 on SCD, and had my digestive symptoms under good management. It's the only illegal that I have with any frequency. I can't eat just any brand of dark chocolate candy; I've had to experiment to find the type that my body/digestion will tolerate. Just like food [grin]. And I'm starting to experiment with making my own dark chocolate so I can control all the ingredients.

It's difficult to resist eating dark chocolate more often, since I love it, but I've learned to be strong-willed when it comes to foods.

Dark chocolate is the one illegal I missed the most when I became sick and went on SCD. Fortunately it's also the one illegal my digestion will tolerate; all the others I've tried once or twice a year when I'm at a restaurant (since year 4 on SCD) make me sick for days afterwards.

So I stay on SCD 99.9% of the time.

Kim M.

SCD 5 years

functional GI disorders; primary is Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction 5+ years

neurological deterioration 2+ years

>>>>>>>>>>

Was wondering if any of the old timers eat dark chocolate even though it is on the illegal list?JAHwww.glutenfreeeugen e.org