RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Cooking questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone had any luck with gravy or things to thicken with?

Also does anyone else use light cream to make yogurt? Are you worried about the fat content? I made a batch and its the most delicious stuff and even made cream cheese with it .....omg itsawesome!> Thanks

Suzanne>

At 09:30 PM 10/3/2008, you wrote:

Has anyone had any luck with

gravy or things to thicken with?

I use egg yolks to thicken gravy with. You can also used pureed roasted

onion or other pureed vegetables.

>> Also does anyone else use light cream to make yogurt? Are you

worried about the fat content? I made a batch and its the most delicious

stuff and even made cream cheese with it .....omg its

awesome! <<

I've made yogurt with whole milk, with half and half, with light cream,

AND with heavy. Decadence beyond belief!

Nope, I don't worry about the fat content. Fat has been demonized in the

last 50 years. When you're not stuffing down grains and starches, you

have much less to worry about because you're fueling yourself on healthy

proteins and fats.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Wow I never thought of egg yolks! Marilyn do you temper the egg yolk first.....do you make meat gravy with that? See for me onions are too gassy to use that much of ...I still eat them but in very small quantities. I guess I could puree a zuke or two.

What are some of your gravy recipes, now that it fall we are making more things in the oven and my family misses the meat and gravy combo and over their mashed potatoes...i mash cauliflower for myself and a bit of gravy would be good over that too!

Thanks Marilynn,

Suzanne Re: Re:Cooking questionsTo: BTVC-SCD > At 09:30 PM 10/3/2008, you wrote:> >Has anyone had any luck with gravy or things to thicken with?> > I use egg yolks to thicken gravy with. You can > also used pureed roasted onion or other pureed vegetables.> > >> Also does anyone else use light cream to make > yogurt? Are you worried about the fat content? I > made a batch and its the most delicious stuff and > even made cream cheese with it .....omg its> awesome! <<> > I've made yogurt with whole milk, with half and > half, with light cream, AND with heavy. Decadence beyond belief!> > Nope, I don't worry about the fat content. Fat > has been demonized in the last 50 years. When > you're not stuffing down grains and starches, you > have much less to worry about because you're > fueling yourself on healthy proteins and fats.> > > — Marilyn> New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> Darn Good SCD Cook> No Human Children> Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >