RemedySpot.com

Re: Ranch Dressing Mix (an LSCDL Recipe)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Marilyn, thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

Kathy

Subject: Ranch Dressing Mix (an LSCDL Recipe)To: BTVC-SCD Date: Friday, October 3, 2008, 11:48 PM

Ranch Dressing (an LSCDL Recipe)When I began SCD, I was absolutely horrified at the thought of never having my beloved Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing again, although it had too much salt to it for my taste. After some experimenting, I came up with the following recipe, but used whole milk yogurt cheese which was still too tart for my taste. Someone suggested using half-and-half for the yogurt, and voila! I had served this dressing to my parents on Gourmet Meal Night, which we had weekly before Hurricane Katrina. One week, my father wanted to take us our to a gourmet steak house. I brought my ranch dressing, but my husband Harry and my Dad decided to spare my homemade and take the house ranch on their salads. My dad tucked into his salad, but after a couple of minutes, he looked up, and said, “You know, their dressing isn't nearly as good as yours.” Harry grinned at my father and

said, “Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but I agree!” So now when we go out to that gourmet steak house, I make sure to carry enough homemade dressing for all of us! I have also made this for a salad dressing with slightly dripped whole milk goat yogurt and no water – for some reason, the tartness of the goat milk does not annoy me the way the tartness of the cow milk yogurt did. 1 tablespoon dried chives1 teaspoon dried parsley1 teaspoon powdered home-dried onion 1/2 teaspoon powdered home-dried garlic 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon white pepper1/4 teaspoon salt Blend spices into 1 cup yogurt cheese made with half and half or full cream. Add 1-4 tablespoons of water to reach desired consistency. If yogurt cheese is a little thin, reduce water. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour, better over night if you can stand to wait. A good thick dipping ranch cheese

which goes great with vegetables and Sue’s crackers. Thin with water or homemade mayo for use on a salad.I make yogurt in half gallon (two liter) batches, and then drip it. I split it into two 3 cup containers, one for dessert things and one for ranch dressing mix. For the mathematically challenged among us, per three cups of half & half yogurt cheese:3 tablespoons dried chives1 tablespoon dried parsley1 tablespoon powdered onion (home-dried)1.5 teaspoons powdered garlic3/8 to 3/4 teaspoon white pepper3/4 teaspoon salt

— Marilyn New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund Recipe from Louisiana SCD Lagniappe (forthcoming)