RemedySpot.com

Re: Favorite birthday party recipes (Dairy-free)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'd love to know your favorite ice cream and lollipop recipes. We are planning a Halloween party for our girls who are on SCD and want to make it special for them. So please share if you don't mind!

Favorite birthday party recipes (Dairy-free)

Hi...my son's second birthday is next month, and he's been on SCD fora while now due to food sensitivities, and I want to give him all thegoodies that go along with birthday parties: cake, ice cream, candyand lollipops, etc...I have my ice cream and lollipop recipes allready, but have not yet found a dairy-free cake or candy recipe that Ilove. Let me know what your favorite recipes are and where to findthem (I pretty much have every SCD cookbook out there!) or post yourown recipe of a favorite party treat that you've created...thanks! SCD since 2/08CD 25+ yrs, ileostomy 4 yrsson, , SCD since 2/08, food sensitivities

From the GAPShelp files:“Well, the birthday party was FABULOUS. My son and I brought: Sunflower Seed/Walnut/Beet pizza(which we have decided to call instead "Pizzazz") and Date Candies. Well, we *loved* both!My son was so pleased he didn't even *glance* at the [mainstream] cake!The Date Candies were the first candies we'd had in ages. There was crunch and chew and incrediblesweetness. They felt dainty and hearty at the same time. They also looked so pretty on a purple plate.Quick and easy to make; no baking; traveled well; and raw, so chock full of nutrients. These involvewhole nuts --if serving to small children, please chop each nut small before stuffing the dates.”Date Candiesby HollyAs published in Vista Magazine Issue

59.15 whole, unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, macadamia, etc)15 medium dates, pitted or medjool1/2 tbsp tahini1/2 tbsp honey1/2 tbsp water1/4 tsp cinnamon1/4-1/3 cup sesame seeds or any finely crushed nuts [alternate: shredded coconut][Note: I soaked all the nuts and seeds, including those used to make the tahini. We're not big fans ofsesame seed flavour, so we opted for shredded coconut on the outsides rather than the final ingredientas listed.]1. Pit dates. [Cut around center, twist gently as you pull apart. Remove pit.]2. Insert a nut into the center.3. Press date together to close.4. In a small bowl, combine tahini, honey, water, cinnamon. Mix well.5. Roll stuffed dates in the mixture, coating lightly, then roll in sesame seed, finely crushed nuts orshredded coconut. [Mixing and matching centers and outmost layer is fun!]6. Place in fridge for

about an hour.7. Serve at room temperature.Baden_