RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Wondering if any one else has these same reactions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can't eat salad. I conclude that the fibre content is high.

CD diagnosed Sept 2006

SCD since Oct 2006

No symptoms

No medsJ’utilise la version gratuite de SPAMfighter pour utilisateurs privés.Jusqu’à présent SPAMfighter a bloqué 1508 courriels spam et m’a fait gagner du temps.Nous avons en ce moment 5.4 millions d’utilisateurs de par le monde entier. Les utlisateurs payants n’ont pas ce message. Vous pouvez télécharger la version gratuite

A relative of mine (gut dysbiosis, severe adrenal fatigue) cannot eat leafy greens in general, including salads. He can't make sense of it, but his body feels awful every time he does. If you'd like me to ask him more about his experience, let me know.Baden_

thanks but my symptoms are more scd type discomfort...all gut reaction. one person advised me to train myself to tolerate it by eating only one tablespoon and working up to more....that really did not work for either.I was just wondering if any other scd'ers had trouble as well!

Suzanne Re: Re: Wondering if any one else has these same reactionsTo: BTVC-SCD > A relative of mine (gut dysbiosis, severe adrenal fatigue) > cannot eat leafy greens in general, including salads. He can't > make sense of it, but his body feels awful every time he does. > If you'd like me to ask him more about his experience, let me know.> > Baden> > > _ > > >

At 08:42 PM 9/21/2008, you wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else

has trouble eating salad, no matter what type of lettuce I use I just can

not eat salad. It does not make ill if I eat one every now and then and

even then it has to be a very small small salad. i love them and this

week I had a small one on Tue and then on wed with dinner and I am still

not feeling normal....anyone else have a similar

reaction?

Suzanne,

It has not been until the last two years that I could have a salad more

than once a week. Like you, I love them. But the raw greenery continued

to be a problem. I still prefer not to do them two days in a

row.

One thing that does seem to help is to take a couple of Lyosan with the

salad, but again, that didn't help until relatively recently. I also

found that I need to use large tomatoes, as opposed to small cherry

tomatoes, as the proportion of skin to tomato is way too high in the

cherry tomatoes. I can't tolerate them.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Hi Marilyn!

I guess then it is just part of our gut reaction! I also have trouble with nut breads and I just made the souffle bread, its definitely not as hardy as the nut bread. By the way have you come up with anything that works like a thickener like flour does to make casseroles or gravy?

Thanks

Suzanne Re: Re: Wondering if any one else has these same reactionsTo: BTVC-SCD > At 08:42 PM 9/21/2008, you wrote:> >I was wondering if anyone else has trouble > >eating salad, no matter what type of lettuce I > >use I just can not eat salad. It does not make > >ill if I eat one every now and then and even > >then it has to be a very small small salad. i > >love them and this week I had a small one on Tue > >and then on wed with dinner and I am still not > >feeling normal....anyone else have a similar reaction?> > Suzanne,> > It has not been until the last two years that I > could have a salad more than once a week. Like > you, I love them. But the raw greenery continued > to be a problem. I still prefer not to do them two days in a row.> > One thing that does seem to help is to take a > couple of Lyosan with the salad, but again, that > didn't help until relatively recently. I also > found that I need to use large tomatoes, as > opposed to small cherry tomatoes, as the > proportion of skin to tomato is way too high in > the cherry tomatoes. I can't tolerate them.> > > — Marilyn> New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> Darn Good SCD Cook> No Human Children> Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >

Hi Suzanne, is like you, he loves salad but can only have a small amount occasionally :-(Kim H.husband, , CD 1999SCD 2002

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble eating salad, no matter what type of lettuce I use I just can not eat salad. It does not make ill if I eat one every now and then and even then it has to be a very small small salad. i love them and this week I had a small one on Tue and then on wed with dinner and I am still not feeling normal....anyone else have a similar reaction?

Thanks

Suzanne

IBS

I eat my salad after my meal. No problems. The french eat it this way as well.JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.htmlSubject: Re: Re: Wondering if any one else has these same reactionsTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 8:31 PM

Hi Suzanne, is like you, he loves salad but can only have a small amount occasionally :-(Kim H.husband, , CD 1999SCD 2002

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble eating salad, no matter what type of lettuce I use I just can not eat salad. It does not make ill if I eat one every now and then and even then it has to be a very small small salad. i love them and this week I had a small one on Tue and then on wed with dinner and I am still not feeling normal....anyone else have a similar reaction?

Thanks

Suzanne

IBS