Guest guest

This is a pet peeve of mine. Twice I had ultrasounds done at a NYC hospital,

and both times drank the required amount of water a hour before my appointment

as requested, and both times had to wait an additional hour before the

technician took me in. The second time I made the receiptionist notify the

technician that I would not wait much longer, and when teh technician came out

to get me shortly after, I asked her if it was standard practice to make

patients wait that long. She said yes, because a lot of patients didn't drink

the water early enough and were not adequately prepared for the ultasound at the

time they were scheduled. I told her what I thought of that arrangement and I

will never have an ultrasound at that hospital again. I am still pi**ed about

that situation (pun intentional!).

Leonie

The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now!

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at

http://webmail.netscape.com/

thank you all who have respond to my question about fibroids in the

workplace...i told the girl that i work with today and she seems to

understand...(i hope)...i feel that the workplace should understand that

we are all humans and we do get sick and that they should understand...i

wish us all luck...tc...

• 2 years later...

In a message dated 8/17/2005 7:58:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time, The_Thyroid_Support_Group writes:

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:18:37 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: DRINKING LARGE AMTS. OF SODA..A NO-NOWhy are you yelling? All caps make my ears hurt. Thanks for the advice, though.Marilyn

Sorry about the caps. I have a tendency to do that. I have no feeling in the last two fingers of my left hand. Hence, I don't notice when I do it. They hit the cap button by accident & I don't notice until, I've written what I want to say & don't want to start all over again. Hey...I got the point across though, didn't I??? LOL!!!!!!!!!! As you can see in other posts in this digest #1036. other people have found out the same thing I did. Just wanted to let people know of this. I am in so much pain right now with Osteoporosis, I don't want anyone else to hurt like this, if it can be helped. Also Synthroid takes away calcium & anyone here on Epilepsy Med.??? I have been for years & it takes calcium away too. We are here to help one another, that's what I am trying to do.

Shari

In a message dated 8/17/2005 7:58:09 AM US Mountain Standard Time, The_Thyroid_Support_Group writes:

Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:18:37 -0700 (PDT) Subject: Re: DRINKING LARGE AMTS. OF SODA..A NO-NOWhy are you yelling? All caps make my ears hurt. Thanks for the advice, though.Marilyn

Sorry about the caps. I have a tendency to do that. I have no feeling in the last two fingers of my left hand. Hence, I don't notice when I do it. They hit the cap button by accident & I don't notice until, I've written what I want to say & don't want to start all over again. Hey...I got the point across though, didn't I??? LOL!!!!!!!!!! As you can see in other posts in this digest #1036. other people have found out the same thing I did. Just wanted to let people know of this. I am in so much pain right now with Osteoporosis, I don't want anyone else to hurt like this, if it can be helped. Also Synthroid takes away calcium & anyone here on Epilepsy Med.??? I have been for years & it takes calcium away too. We are here to help one another, that's what I am trying to do.

Shari

Shari