RemedySpot.com

meat snacks for travelling

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dried meat is something I always have on trips.

I have a dehydrator with a metal mesh on each layer, and I squish minced meat flat onto them and dry it as large flat cookies (takes about 18-24 horus). I like the taste of raw meat so I put the dehydrator on a low temperature, but if you want the meat cooked, you can put it on high (then it will dry a lot faster too). You can mix various spices in the meat before drying. I mix in a little olive oil if the meat is lean.

Basically it becomes a flat, dry hamburger (rare, medium or well-done according to taste).

I like to eat it together with dried fruit. I use beef or lamb.

Another thing I sometimes do is grind the dried meat in a grinder so it turns into flour. Then I mix it half and half with melted coconut fat, and form small cookies that I put in the fridge. Once they harden they are a great and very filling snack. (This is an old indian/eskimo snack.) The first time I tried I thought it would taste awful, but it is fantastically good. It takes a lot of work though...

best wishes Cecilia