RemedySpot.com

Re: emotional support

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm sorry your friends aren't respecting your choices. I've turned down dinner because of "this special diet I'm on" and was asked what I could eat that they could fix and the menu was changed to steak and I took salad dressing.

I've also explained about how I needed more good bacteria in my body because I have too much bad bacteria to my friends and said I need to eat the stuff around the perimeter of the grocery store. They got a visual with that about what I could eat.

Also, we've started game nights without dinner where we always serve or bring fruit.

I'm thinking social friends don't want to hear about a disease but their fine with the bacteria explanation.

As far as your daughter goes, can't you just tell her you can't eat sugar or you'll get sick again? Or better yet, offer her a bunch of different SCD recipes to choose a dish for you! Good Luck= Stand Strong

Terri

UC 2 years

2 weeks SCD

emotional support

I was invited over at a friends house for a football game on tv, and she had put out some food. I think I brought something over, but the hostess was really put out that I didnt eat her food.

My daughter who is a chef wants to make my husband and I for our December birthdays a flourless torte, that is fine and dandy but I am sure it is made with chocolate and sugar. I need some help. I have been telling her that i dont eat this way, but she goes deaf to what I can have.

So emotionally I am sad over this and need some help on how to handle this. I am acutally doing quite well, got on some new enzymes, but still the problem is there.

It is as if we are from another planet, lost many friends. I went out yesterday on a road trip. The two ladies I was with ate at the cafe and I brought my own salad and fruit. They commented to me oh you are eating so healthy, then they had sandwich and soup and offered it to me, I told them no thank you.JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.html