RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Almond Flour

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes I do not know why it happens, I made the pizza crust and I thought I was going to explode! If I make muffins or bread I can only have a small amount. I tried the pizza crust 2x ....never again ...and not so eager to continue using almond flour in general!

Suzanne

Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD > Just thought I would chine in here. I have had the same feeling > with almond flour - feels like cement in my stomach, but this > was in the first couple of months being on SCD that I can > recall. At one point about five years ago I had several food > allergy tests done. Almonds came up on both of them, but my > naturopath/md resource had said to take those allergy tests with > a grain of salt because a snapshot of what going on at the tiem > a blood smaple was taken. Also said many people can test > allergic to almonds and do fine with them. I made some > pumpkin muffins the other day and used Almond Flour - I loved > these little morsels so much I must have overdone it and ate too > many (I think two in a sitting). The next day I felt like crud > and and had on again off again queezy feelings. > > UC 5 1/2 yrs> SCD 2 3/4 months> No meds (off prednisone as of about 2 1/2 wks ago yeah)> > > > __________________________________________________>

Have you tried digestive enzymes to help the process along? Enzymatic.comis one brand that people here use - they have an online test tl help determinewhat you might need - though I find interpreting it a bit conflicting - but that's adifferent matter. I don't use them myself, but others here do - and I've been thinkingof testing them out.Alternatively, Baden keeps mentioning that the GAPS version of SCDcalls for soaking nuts to make them more digestible and that that methodworked for her. MaraYes I do not know why it happens, I made the pizza crust and I thought I was going to explode! If I make muffins or bread I can only have a small amount. I tried the pizza crust 2x ....never again ...and not so eager to continue using almond flour in general!Suzanne Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD > Just thought I would chine in here. I have had the same feeling > with almond flour - feels like cement in my stomach, but this > was in the first couple of months being on SCD that I can > recall. At one point about five years ago I had several food > allergy tests done. Almonds came up on both of them, but my > naturopath/md resource had said to take those allergy tests with > a grain of salt because a snapshot of what going on at the tiem > a blood smaple was taken. Also said many people can test > allergic to almonds and do fine with them. I made some > pumpkin muffins the other day and used Almond Flour - I loved > these little morsels so much I mus! t have overdone it and ate too > many (I think two in a sitting). The next day I felt like crud > and and had on again off again queezy feelings. > > UC 5 1/2 yrs> SCD 2 3/4 months> No meds (off prednisone as of about 2 1/2 wks ago yeah)> > > > __________________________________________________>

At 04:30 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:

If I make muffins or bread I can

only have a small amount. I tried the pizza crust 2x ....never

again ...and not so eager to continue using almond flour in

general!

Something to keep in mind is that unlike wheat breads, almond flour

breads are very dense. As a consequence, you're getting a whole lot more

protein and all in one muffin than you would in an (illegal) wheat

muffin.

My husband (he of the 6000 calorie a day appetite and skinny frame) can

down a pizza crust made with a full cup of flour, half a cup of grated

parmesan, and a egg, topped with half a pound of ground bison (seasoned

like pepperoni), half a yellow onion, half a green pepper, and a quarter

pound of mushrooms, plus around 8 ounces of provolone.

Me? I get a dinner and two lunches off the same size pizza!

Now, I made pizza with nut flour souffle bread, and actually managed to

finish my pizza. HARRY was still hungry, and had some dessert. (Rotten

creature... I wish I could transfer fifty pounds or so to him so he could

get rid of it for me!)

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Wait what is the nut flour souffle bread? Where do I find that recipe? Sounds like it could be an alternative for me.

Suzanne Re: Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD > At 04:30 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:> >If I make muffins or bread I can only have a > >small amount. I tried the pizza crust 2x > >....never again ...and not so eager to continue using almond > flour in general!> > Something to keep in mind is that unlike wheat > breads, almond flour breads are very dense. As a > consequence, you're getting a whole lot more > protein and all in one muffin than you would in an (illegal) > wheat muffin.> > My husband (he of the 6000 calorie a day appetite > and skinny frame) can down a pizza crust made > with a full cup of flour, half a cup of grated > parmesan, and a egg, topped with half a pound of > ground bison (seasoned like pepperoni), half a > yellow onion, half a green pepper, and a quarter > pound of mushrooms, plus around 8 ounces of provolone.> > Me? I get a dinner and two lunches off the same size pizza!> > Now, I made pizza with nut flour souffle bread, > and actually managed to finish my pizza. HARRY > was still hungry, and had some dessert. (Rotten > creature... I wish I could transfer fifty pounds > or so to him so he could get rid of it for me!)> > > — Marilyn> New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> Darn Good SCD Cook> No Human Children> Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >

Hi Suzanne ~Wondering what you use instead of almond flour ?Thanks,Yes I do not know why it happens, I made the pizza crust and I thought I was going to explode! If I make muffins or bread I can only have a small amount. I tried the pizza crust  2x ....never again ...and not so eager to continue using almond flour in general!Suzanne Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD > Just thought I would chine in here.  I have had the same feeling > with almond flour - feels like cement in my stomach, but this > was in the first couple of months being on SCD that I can > recall.  At one point about five years ago I had several food > allergy tests done.  Almonds came up on both of them, but my > naturopath/md resource had said to take those allergy tests with > a grain of salt because a snapshot of what going on at the tiem > a blood smaple was taken.  Also said many people can test > allergic to almonds and do fine with them.    I made some > pumpkin muffins the other day and used Almond Flour - I loved > these little morsels so much I must have overdone it and ate too > many (I think two in a sitting).  The next day I felt like crud > and and had on again off again queezy feelings.  > > UC 5 1/2 yrs> SCD 2 3/4 months> No meds (off prednisone as of about 2 1/2 wks ago yeah)> > > > __________________________________________________>

At 05:09 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:

Wait what is the nut flour

souffle bread? Where do I find that recipe? Sounds like it could be an

alternative for me.

Here's a link to one of my Experiments.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BTVC-SCD/message/9652

As a matter of fact, I had a chicken salad sandwich on pecan souffle

bread for lunch, and we're making Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches for

dinner tonight. Harry (my non-SCD husband) will have his on a hoagie

roll. Mine will be on a slightly larger slice of souffle bread.

The cool thing is that you can cut it to the sizes you need. Oh, and if

you cut up the uneven buts which you cut off with the pizza wheel and

toss them on the still hot pizza stone, then close the oven, by the time

the oven cools, you'll have a small bag's worth of crispy chips to dip in

something.

Marilyn

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

For "flour", I've been using walnuts and pecans and using a food processor to get them chopped very finely.

My daughter's food intolerance test came back almonds, so this is an easy alternative.

Marla

Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.com> Just thought I would chine in here. I have had the same feeling > with almond flour - feels like cement in my stomach, but this > was in the first couple of months being on SCD that I can > recall. At one point about five years ago I had several food > allergy tests done. Almonds came up on both of them, but my > naturopath/md resource had said to take those allergy tests with > a grain of salt because a snapshot of what going on at the tiem > a blood smaple was taken. Also said many people can test > allergic to almonds and do fine with them. I made some > pumpkin muffins the other day and used Almond Flour - I loved > these little morsels so much I must have overdone it and ate too > many (I think two in a sitting). The next day I felt like crud > and and had on again off again queezy feelings. > > UC 5 1/2 yrs> SCD 2 3/4 months> No

meds (off prednisone as of about 2 1/2 wks ago yeah)> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __>

Hi

nothing! I make the souffle bread with the eggs!

Suzanne Re: Almond Flour> > To: BTVC-SCD > >> > > Just thought I would chine in here. I have had the same feeling> > > with almond flour - feels like cement in my stomach, but this> > > was in the first couple of months being on SCD that I can> > > recall. At one point about five years ago I had several food> > > allergy tests done. Almonds came up on both of them, but my> > > naturopath/md resource had said to take those allergy tests with> > > a grain of salt because a snapshot of what going on at the tiem> > > a blood smaple was taken. Also said many people can test> > > allergic to almonds and do fine with them. I made some> > > pumpkin muffins the other day and used Almond Flour - I loved> > > these little morsels so much I must have overdone it and ate too> > > many (I think two in a sitting). The next day I felt like crud> > > and and had on again off again queezy feelings.> > >> > > UC 5 1/2 yrs> > > SCD 2 3/4 months> > > No meds (off prednisone as of about 2 1/2 wks ago yeah)> > >> > >> > >> > > __________________________________________________> > >

OH Marilyn you make my mouth water!!! Hurry up with the DVD's and the book!!!!

Suzanne Re: Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD > At 05:09 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:> >Wait what is the nut flour souffle bread? Where > >do I find that recipe? Sounds like it could be an alternative > for me.> > Here's a link to one of my Experiments.> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BTVC-SCD/message/9652> > As a matter of fact, I had a chicken salad > sandwich on pecan souffle bread for lunch, and > we're making Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches for > dinner tonight. Harry (my non-SCD husband) will > have his on a hoagie roll. Mine will be on a > slightly larger slice of souffle bread.> > The cool thing is that you can cut it to the > sizes you need. Oh, and if you cut up the uneven > buts which you cut off with the pizza wheel and > toss them on the still hot pizza stone, then > close the oven, by the time the oven cools, > you'll have a small bag's worth of crispy chips to dip in something.> > > — Marilyn> New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> Darn Good SCD Cook> No Human Children> Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >

can not seem to pull up anything ...help!

Suzanne Re: Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD > At 05:09 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:> >Wait what is the nut flour souffle bread? Where > >do I find that recipe? Sounds like it could be an alternative > for me.> > Here's a link to one of my Experiments.> > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BTVC-SCD/message/9652> > As a matter of fact, I had a chicken salad > sandwich on pecan souffle bread for lunch, and > we're making Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches for > dinner tonight. Harry (my non-SCD husband) will > have his on a hoagie roll. Mine will be on a > slightly larger slice of souffle bread.> > The cool thing is that you can cut it to the > sizes you need. Oh, and if you cut up the uneven > buts which you cut off with the pizza wheel and > toss them on the still hot pizza stone, then > close the oven, by the time the oven cools, > you'll have a small bag's worth of crispy chips to dip in something.> > > — Marilyn> New Orleans, Louisiana, USA> Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001> Darn Good SCD Cook> No Human Children> Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund> >

Great - thanks so much !  I'm slowly but surely catching on :-) For "flour", I've been using walnuts and pecans and using a food processor to get them chopped very finely.My daughter's food intolerance test came back almonds, so this is an easy alternative.Marla Re: Almond FlourTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.com> Just thought I would chine in here.  I have had the same feeling > with almond flour - feels like cement in my stomach, but this > was in the first couple of months being on SCD that I can > recall.  At one point about five years ago I had several food > allergy tests done.  Almonds came up on both of them, but my > naturopath/md  resource had said to take those allergy tests with > a grain of salt because a snapshot of what going on at the tiem > a blood smaple was taken.  Also said many people can test > allergic to almonds and do fine with them.    I made some > pumpkin muffins the other day and used Almond Flour - I loved > these little morsels so much I must have overdone it and ate too > many (I think two in a sitting).  The next day I felt like crud > and and had on again off again queezy feelings.  > > UC 5 1/2 yrs> SCD 2 3/4 months> No meds (off prednisone as of about 2 1/2 wks ago yeah)> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __>

>>

>> Most of the time I don't bother dehydrating --I just soak enough for

>> the next day, and eat the soaked nuts as-is, mash them into burgers,

>> etc. Sunflower seeds almost double in size when soaked, so go twice

> as

>> far in my Sunflower Beet pizza crust.

>>

Baden, what's the recipe for you sunflower beet pizza crust?

Baden ~I too would love to know your recipe for sunflower beet pizza ....  as well as any other recipes you have for sunflower seeds, flours etc ... I'd like to not be restricted to eating almond flour all of the time.>>>> Most of the time I don't bother dehydrating --I just soak enough for>> the next day, and eat the soaked nuts as-is, mash them into burgers,>> etc. Sunflower seeds almost double in size when soaked, so go twice> as>> far in my Sunflower Beet pizza crust.>>Baden, what's the recipe for you sunflower beet pizza crust?  Peace and blessings, Resca, M.S.http:// www.heartofyourillness.comMaking choices that fully support who you are when you have a serious illnesslinda@...

At 04:03 PM 10/18/2008, you wrote:

I too would love to know your

recipe for sunflower beet pizza .... as well as any other recipes

you have for sunflower seeds, flours etc ... I'd like to not be

restricted to eating almond flour all of the time.

Keep in mind that Elaine did not approve seed flours, and that seeds are

an advanced food. I vary things, using almond, pecan, cashew, and walnut

flours.

<g> After all, most non-SCD bread is all made from wheat. It's all

how you prepare it that makes it different.

Marilyn

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children