RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Frozen vegetables

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kim, I also have problems with fresh packaged veggies, especially lettuce/salad/spinach. I know for me it's the sulfites although they aren't labled. I have the same problem with dried fruits, wine, vinegar and other products where sulfites are used. Ususally they're labled on the bottles and cans though so I can stay away from them.

You're doing the right thing to make a list of which brands bother you. Maybe you can write to them via their website and ask them what they put on them in the processing.

Ann,

Living in Italy

Undiagnosed Crohn's since 1977 Diagnosed 15 years

Sacroiliitis 25 years

Rheumatoid arthritis 25 years

Pyoderma Gangronosum 2 years

SCD since July, 2008

Meds: Tapering Prednisone for PG

Re: Frozen vegetables

AnnI've had a similar experience, reacting to some brands of frozen vegetables and not to others. My symptoms are a bit different, but it's stil a negative reaction. Also happens with some meats and some types of packaged fresh produce. There's never anything listed on the packaging labels other than the food, so I think it's OK and SCD-legal. But....I've assumed the food is washed with something that aggravates my digestion. Maybe some companies don't rinse the food as thoroughly as others? Or a different combination of chemicals are used in the washing process between different producers.I just make a note of the brand name and avoid it in the future. And I continue to purchase as much food fresh from local sources as I can.Kim M.SCD 5 years>>> what on earth do some stores (at least Hy-Vee) put into their frozen veggies> that would make them illegal? Of course the ingredients list only the> vegetable, and nothing else. But there's GOT to be something else there.> Any ideas?> > Ann>