RemedySpot.com

Re: T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

YupI am T-3 therapy, I have WTS= s Thyroid syndromeI take my levoxyl in the morning hour before I eat and at 3pm 2 hours lunch. Take the T-3 after breakfast and after dinner.http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.htmlSubject: Re: Has any listees tried T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??To: BTVC-SCD Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 4:36 PMHi Gisele. By T3, do you mean thyroid therapy? I don't know what WTS means.I take dessicated thyroid tablets, which may or may not be the same as the medication you would get compounded. My normal temperature used to be even lower than yours, at 96.8F, when I was taking 30 mg dessicated thyroid each morning. These days, I take 90 mg each morning. I forget

what my temperature averages now, but it's much closer to 98.6 F / 37 C.I take the thyroid tablets in the morning. I tried spreading them out through the day, but I would invariably forget to take them later, so I went back to taking the full dose in the morning.I had to adjust my thyroid dose gradually, then stop increasing it once I started to feel as though I had consumed a lot of caffeine. I'm not sure whether I'm at the correct dose now, because the doctor who increased my doses has been ill and unavailable to discuss fine tuning. Eventually, he will probably help me figure out a way of scheduling the correct dose.The increased thyroid dose seems to have helped my mood. I'm not sure what other effects it has had, as I have made many changes over the last year, not the least of which is being on SCD (30 weeks today).Hope this helps.Ellen in Toronto

enginuity4@...Gisele wrote on Monday, October 13, 2008 6:00 PM:Hi all :-) My boss ( an ND ) has had me record my temperatures for 3 days & sure enough I'm much below norm ( avg 97.2) & so he wants me to try T3( time release) therapy ( to "reset my temp --he says the low temp might be why my candida hasn't gone away after being low carb/low fructose etc forso long) ...we'll get it from a local compounder --so it won't haveillegals ...so i'm pretty sure it's "legal"??? But I was justwondering if any listmates out there had ever tried it & what results or reactions ( good orbad ) they experienced...thank you much!!------------------------------------

I probably have wilsons thyroid syndrome, too. I read the books many years ago. I was able to get T3 therapy (cytomel) for awhile, but then the college of doctors brought one doctor to court over prescribing T3 and the rest of the docs are scared stiff here. Thus, I can no longer get T3.

However, last year my doc decided to give me a compounding slow release porcine natural thyroid. I think it has T3 and T4 in it. I can take a small amount in the morning before I eat. I have not tried it later in the day, but I might try tiny bits of it. I get hyper, if I take a full amount. But this thyroid has changed my life.

If I were able to get T3 (cytomel), I would definitely take it.

all the best,

Louise

-----Original Message-----From: BTVC-SCD [mailto:BTVC-SCD ]On Behalf Of J.A.H.Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 5:50 PMTo: BTVC-SCD Subject: Re: T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??

YupI am T-3 therapy, I have WTS= s Thyroid syndromeI take my levoxyl in the morning hour before I eat and at 3pm 2 hours lunch. Take the T-3 after breakfast and after dinner.http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.html

Gisele wrote on Monday, October 13, 2008 6:00 PM:Hi all :-) My boss ( an ND ) has had me record my temperatures for 3 days & sure enough I'm much below norm ( avg 97.2) & so he wants me to try T3( time release) therapy ( to "reset my temp --he says the low temp might be why my candida hasn't gone away after being low carb/low fructose etc forso long) ...we'll get it from a local compounder --so it won't haveillegals ...so i'm pretty sure it's "legal"??? But I was justwondering if any listmates out there had ever tried it & what results or reactions ( good orbad ) they experienced...thank you much!!

Try finding a ND naturopath doc, best to thyroid separate because it has to be on empty stomach and the t-3 is made by compounding pharmacy to be taken after a meal for some people such as myself. See if the doc will give you 2 separate prescriptions, that works best. If you can find a doc to do this, their are compounding pharmacy all over, I live in Eugene, Oregon and we have 3 compounding pharmacy, their is one in Beaverton, oregon, all just need a perscription, so you can get it anywhere if you can find a doc. I order my injectable b12 from McGruff down in california, but the ND perscribed it and I pay for it by credit card and can order as needed.JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.htmlSubject:'>http://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.htmlSubject: RE: T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??To: BTVC-SCD Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 9:38 PM

I probably have wilsons thyroid syndrome, too. I read the books many years ago. I was able to get T3 therapy (cytomel) for awhile, but then the college of doctors brought one doctor to court over prescribing T3 and the rest of the docs are scared stiff here. Thus, I can no longer get T3.

However, last year my doc decided to give me a compounding slow release porcine natural thyroid. I think it has T3 and T4 in it. I can take a small amount in the morning before I eat. I have not tried it later in the day, but I might try tiny bits of it. I get hyper, if I take a full amount. But this thyroid has changed my life.

If I were able to get T3 (cytomel), I would definitely take it.

all the best,

Louise

-----Original Message-----From: BTVC-SCD [mailto:BTVC-SCD ]On Behalf Of J.A.H.Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 5:50 PMTo: BTVC-SCD Subject: Re: T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??

YupI am T-3 therapy, I have WTS= s Thyroid syndromeI take my levoxyl in the morning hour before I eat and at 3pm 2 hours lunch. Take the T-3 after breakfast and after dinner.http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.html

Gisele wrote on Monday, October 13, 2008 6:00 PM:Hi all :-) My boss ( an ND ) has had me record my temperatures for 3 days & sure enough I'm much below norm ( avg 97.2) & so he wants me to try T3( time release) therapy ( to "reset my temp --he says the low temp might be why my candida hasn't gone away after being low carb/low fructose etc forso long) ...we'll get it from a local compounder --so it won't haveillegals ...so i'm pretty sure it's "legal"??? But I was justwondering if any listmates out there had ever tried it & what results or reactions ( good orbad ) they experienced...thank you much!!

Hi JAH,

I am in Canada and I see an ND. He was not able to prescribe T3 for me, but things are changing here, so maybe I'll ask again. He brought some glandular thyroid in from Washington and I took it one winter but it didn't agree with me, and I was so happy to switch to the one I'm on now, which is slow release porcine and from a compounding pharmacy.

I can't even get a Lyme Disease test, but I'm going to ask him about that, too. The last he told me was that the tests weren't reliable here, and the MD ignored my talk about Lyme Disease. I heard from someone else in Canada that she couldn't get a Lyme Disease test covered.

thanks for your note,

Louise

SCD almost 8 months

Vancouver Island, BC

-----Original Message-----From: BTVC-SCD [mailto:BTVC-SCD ]On Behalf Of J.A.H.Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:23 AMTo: BTVC-SCD Subject: RE: T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??

Try finding a ND naturopath doc, best to thyroid separate because it has to be on empty stomach and the t-3 is made by compounding pharmacy to be taken after a meal for some people such as myself. See if the doc will give you 2 separate prescriptions, that works best. If you can find a doc to do this, their are compounding pharmacy all over, I live in Eugene, Oregon and we have 3 compounding pharmacy, their is one in Beaverton, oregon, all just need a perscription, so you can get it anywhere if you can find a doc. I order my injectable b12 from McGruff down in california, but the ND perscribed it and I pay for it by credit card and can order as needed.JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.html

Hi Jah, so have you found the t3 therapy helpful then?? I'm hoping it will reduce my food intolerances/candida symptoms ...I will still stay scd, but would like more "legal" foods in my diet!! Thanks!

ThanksLouise, too bad you can't get it anymore!! ..are you in Canada?? I know the "gestapo" here has made many of our natural meds disappear!! I hope they don't do that to t3!! ( the gov't that tried to bring in bill c51 --which would take away most natural meds - has been re-elected :*( ...so health freedom may soon be gone ...so gotta get healthy-quick!!

Hi JAH,

My T3 is very low. I take Armour Thyroid. I have been feeling much

better since taking the SCD compliant liquid Armour.

Do you think there is something better for me to take because the T3

is specifically low? My TSH is on the very low side of " normal " Free

T3 is out of range low and T3 RIA is out of range low as well.

If you have any data about this shoot it my way!

Thanks,

Jodi

SCD 12 months

Crohn's/Colitis

I take in divided doses levoxyl. armor didnt do a thing for me.JAHSCD 4 yearshttp://www.glutenfreeeugene.org/xl2/scd.htmlSubject: Re: T3 therapy (WTS protocol)??To: BTVC-SCD Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 10:07 AMHi JAH,My T3 is very low. I take Armour Thyroid. I have been feeling muchbetter since taking the SCD compliant liquid Armour. Do you think there is something better for me to take because the T3is specifically low? My TSH is on the very low side of "normal" FreeT3 is out of range low and T3 RIA is out of range low as well.If you have any data about this shoot it my way!Thanks,JodiSCD 12 monthsCrohn's/Colitis------------------------------------

Yes, Gisele, I'm in Canada. I'm in BC.

Where are you?

There is a court case starting tomorrow in Vancouver concerning needing to get a prescription to take herbs. If you want the details, let me know, or check out the Health Action Network.

all the best re t3

Louise

ThanksLouise, too bad you can't get it anymore!! ..are you in Canada?? I know the "gestapo" here has made many of our natural meds disappear!! I hope they don't do that to t3!! ( the gov't that tried to bring in bill c51 --which would take away most natural meds - has been re-elected :*( ...so health freedom may soon be gone ...so gotta get healthy-quick!!

Jodi,

You could see if you can get a prescription for cytomel (T3).

Louise

scd 7 months

My T3 is very low. I take Armour Thyroid. I have been feeling much

better since taking the SCD compliant liquid Armour.

Do you think there is something better for me to take because the T3

is specifically low?

Hi Louise,

I don't know if I want to venture into the whole synthetic arena.

Thanks,

Jodi

SCD 12 months

Crohn's/Colitis

>

> Jodi,

> You could see if you can get a prescription for cytomel (T3).

> Louise

> scd 7 months

>

Hi Louise :-) I'm in BC too ..in the Sunny West Kootenays ( S.E. BC) ...wow, I had'nt heard about that court case ... i guess now that the conservatives are back in power, bill c51 will have to be "fought" again... & they know voters are "fatigued" by the election, so less of them will be paying attention ...so the fascists will be able to get away with even more!! Doh!! btw, though, I do totally always recommend they consult a professional before taking herbs ( ie: a certified herbalist, TCM or ND ) but the Gov would make people go to MD's for a prescript -- and they know diddly about herbs!! the gov has quietly made 3 of our most reliable meds dissappear this year already ...I fear now the fight will begin in earnest! Sad!!