RemedySpot.com

Re: baking soda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The baking soda makes things rise/get fluffy. However, I'm getting a

lot of fluffy foods just using eggs and/or steamed squash.

-McBride's theory re: baking soda is that most people with gut

dysbiosis have low stomach acid and the baking soda increases the acid

further. Now, at least one person on our list has said, " What the

heck?? Baking soda is mixed with other ingredients and becomes

alkaline in the tummy. " And indeed, some people drink baking soda

water to increase their alkalinity.

So, personally, I don't put a lot of stock into this particular tweak,

but it's worth a shot.

Almond flour baked products were very hard on me until I started

soaking the nuts first. Now the stuff goes down easy as pie. Maybe

that is part of your muffin challenge??

Baden

Hi ~I'm new to this group & am SO grateful for all of the very valuable information that's being shared !I'm not too experienced @ posting in Yahoo groups & am wondering if this email is going out to the whole group or just Baden ??Thank you for the info. on replacing eggs w/baking soda.  I made the "sneaky veggie pancakes" this am & used the 4 eggs.  I think I'm fine w/eggs, and, I don't want to eat them daily.  The next time I make these pancakes, if I want to sub the baking soda for the eggs - does anyone have a sense of how much  baking soda to use in lieu of 4 eggs ?Many thanks, The baking soda makes things rise/get fluffy. However, I'm getting alot of fluffy foods just using eggs and/or steamed squash.-McBride's theory re: baking soda is that most people with gutdysbiosis have low stomach acid and the baking soda increases the acidfurther. Now, at least one person on our list has said, "What theheck?? Baking soda is mixed with other ingredients and becomesalkaline in the tummy." And indeed, some people drink baking sodawater to increase their alkalinity.So, personally, I don't put a lot of stock into this particular tweak,but it's worth a shot.Almond flour baked products were very hard on me until I startedsoaking the nuts first. Now the stuff goes down easy as pie. Maybethat is part of your muffin challenge??Baden Peace and blessings, Resca, M.S.http:// www.heartofyourillness.comMaking choices that fully support who you are when you have a serious illnesslinda@...

Hi ,

I just got on this listserv this past weekend and am not computer savvy at all, but I was hoping for answers from other people on this diet.

I think when you send a message, it goes to everyone.

As far as eggs, I think you can use fruit juice or pureed fruit to replace them too.

My 13 year old daughter is who I'm doing the diet for right now. She has a bacterial overgrowth in her intestines, celiac disease, and anxiety/panic. The anxiety/panic is what is causing her to not be able to go to school. and I'm hoping this diet will address the bacterial overgrowth and her anxiety. I'm praying for a miracle.

If anyone out there has more advice or encouragement for me, let me know. I keep checking my emails.

Marla

Re: Re: baking soda

Hi ~

I'm new to this group & am SO grateful for all of the very valuable information that's being shared !

I'm not too experienced @ posting in Yahoo groups & am wondering if this email is going out to the whole group or just Baden ??

Thank you for the info. on replacing eggs w/baking soda. I made the "sneaky veggie pancakes" this am & used the 4 eggs. I think I'm fine w/eggs, and, I don't want to eat them daily. The next time I make these pancakes, if I want to sub the baking soda for the eggs - does anyone have a sense of how much baking soda to use in lieu of 4 eggs ?

Many thanks,

The baking soda makes things rise/get fluffy. However, I'm getting alot of fluffy foods just using eggs and/or steamed squash.-McBride' s theory re: baking soda is that most people with gutdysbiosis have low stomach acid and the baking soda increases the acidfurther. Now, at least one person on our list has said, "What theheck?? Baking soda is mixed with other ingredients and becomesalkaline in the tummy." And indeed, some people drink baking sodawater to increase their alkalinity.So, personally, I don't put a lot of stock into this particular tweak,but it's worth a shot.Almond flour baked products were very hard on me until I startedsoaking the nuts first. Now the stuff goes down easy as pie. Maybethat is part of your muffin challenge??Baden

Peace and blessings,

Resca, M.S.

http:// www.heartofyourilln ess.com

Making choices that fully support who you are when you have a serious illness

linda@heartofyouril lness.com

Hi ,

Sorry if my note was unclear. I meant one can use eggs or squash to

make things fluffy, even where they wish to *avoid* baking soda. In my

experiments, eggs = fluffy and eggs + baking soda = fluffy, but baking

soda without eggs did not equal fluffy. (We were egg-free for many

weeks and I missed the fluffiness.)

You may find differently.

Baden

Thank you Baden,Hi ,Sorry if my note was unclear. I meant one can use eggs or squash tomake things fluffy, even where they wish to *avoid* baking soda. In myexperiments, eggs = fluffy and eggs + baking soda = fluffy, but bakingsoda without eggs did not equal fluffy. (We were egg-free for manyweeks and I missed the fluffiness.)You may find differently.Baden Peace and blessings, Resca, M.S.http:// www.heartofyourillness.comMaking choices that fully support who you are when you have a serious illnesslinda@...

I'm really confused with tons of stuff. I keep reading from everyone on here about 3, 6, 9 month flares and die offs. That is freaking me out. What in the world is that? and does everyone go thru this? I thought this diet was the answer I've been looking for - for my daughter. But this has me concerned.

Also, the recipes aren't turning out for me lately. I've replace butter with coconut oil and I'm using only egg yolks instead of a full egg due to intolerances that my daughter has. Any suggestions?

Marla

Re: baking soda

Hi ,Sorry if my note was unclear. I meant one can use eggs or squash tomake things fluffy, even where they wish to *avoid* baking soda. In myexperiments, eggs = fluffy and eggs + baking soda = fluffy, but bakingsoda without eggs did not equal fluffy. (We were egg-free for manyweeks and I missed the fluffiness.)You may find differently.Baden

At 10:00 PM 10/16/2008, you wrote:

I'm really confused with tons of

stuff. I keep reading from everyone on here about 3, 6, 9 month flares

and die offs. That is freaking me out. What in the world is

that? and does everyone go thru this? I thought this diet was the

answer I've been looking for - for my daughter. But this has me

concerned. Also, the recipes aren't turning out for me lately. I've

replace butter with coconut oil and I'm using only egg yolks instead of a

full egg due to intolerances that my daughter has. Any

suggestions?

Marla,

First, follow the rule from Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the

Galaxy, which is, " Don't Panic! " The second rule, from the

same book is, " Do you know where your towel is? "

With regards to the second rule, I've been inclined to think it must mean

DISH towel, since we SCDers spend so much time cooking and cleaning

up!

I'm assuming you've read Breaking the Vicious Cycle, aka BTVC.

Therefore, you know that many gut disorders are likely the result of an

overgrowth of bad bacteria, and that the objective of SCD is to starve

the bad guys out.

When we start the intro diet, we chop off the bad bacteria's supply line,

and generally, they throw a temper tantrum, demanding their old food.

Their temper tantrums can cause flu-like symptoms, general worsening of

symptoms initially, and all-around ICKY feelings, both physical, and

emotional. Or it could be something as simple as a drippy nose.

Then, when we are strong, and refuse to give them their accustomed food,

they start starving, and dying off in massive numbers. For some people,

this can also make symptoms worse, and is generally referred to as

" die off. "

Some people are lucky, and their bad bacteria just leave relatively

quietly.

Some people will get steadily better. Others have ups and downs. They may

try a food which is too advanced for them, and have to drop back to

easier to digest foods. Deciding if a food is advanced or not is one of

the most frustrating parts of the SCD. There's a " stages " list

over on

www.pecanbread.com which can be helpful. However, everyone's

digestive system is different, and what one person tolerates easily,

another person may not. (I'm a classic example: carrots are on the intro

diet, but I didn't tolerate carrots for nearly six months. I ate peeled

zucchini. But broccoli and cauliflower, which are notorious for causing

gas issues were two vegetables I was able to eat early on with no

difficulty. )

Now, you'll recall that lots of the bad bacteria have packed up and left

town at the outset of the diet. But there are a number of strong bad

bacteria who are determined to outlast you, and they march around in your

gut yelling, " H-ll no, we won't go! " About the three month

point on the diet, they're realizing they you are, in fact, serious, and

that you do intend to boot them out for good, so they start creating a

ruckus, trying to get you to feed them.

It is a Bad Thing if you surrender to the cravings at this point --

because the weak sisters among the bad bacteria have already left town.

If you feed the stronger remaining ones, they will multiple, and it will

be that much harder to starve them out.

The ruckus the bad bacteria create has been colloquially dubbed,

" The Three Month Flare. "

For many people, the rest of the story is finding foods their gut can

tolerate and just waiting while their systems heal.

For other folks (who are often on the list because they are having

problems), it is not quite that easy. It can take time to find tolerated

foods. And, depending on the level of damage, or how stubborn the bad

bacteria are, healing can take a very long time. Or it can be like it was

for the lady who was my mentor on SCD. When she was diagnosed with

Crohn's, her doctor was recommending immediate surgery because he

described her gut as looking like bloody lace. 14 months of SCD later, he

did a colonoscopy, and said that if he had not diagnosed her himself, he

would not have believed she was the same patient, because there were no

lesions.

Generally the folks who are not having problems aren't here on the list.

They usually go on their way to a happier, healthier life which does not

include living their life chained to the house, or hunting madly for the

next lavatory. (I used to know where every lavatory was in every

restaurant and store for miles around, not to mention all the rest

stops!) Some of us are crazy enough to stay and try to use our added

energy to help newcomers to this wonderful way of eating that can mean so

much.

Now sometimes, the bad bacteria may be extra stubborn, and they may try

to stage a revolution like the one staged around the three month period

-- and this may occur at 3, 6, 7, or 9 months. It can be a challenge to

stay faithful to the diet.

I can legitimately tell you that while this is not an easy diet to

follow, partly because Elaine left it flexible, to account for all the

variables in people's different systems, it does work.

My own malabsorption issues led to extreme morbid obesity. I had serious

ADHD symptoms. I had gut pain and soft, mushy stool and urgency.

The mental stuff cleared first for me. The gut pains went next. The soft,

mushy stool and urgency took a lot longer than I would have liked.

Dealing with the obesity is taking a lot, lot longer, but hey, I'm now

merely obese instead of morbidly obese. (I've lost 180 pounds.)

I had surgery for cancer in April. My surgeons were amazed at the fact

that they had me down for two units of blood -- and I needed none. I was

out of bed by the second day after my surgery and walking around with a

walker. I had no post-operative infection. I had no wound separation

(almost a given on fat patients with large incisions) on a 24 "

incision. Once we got a trapeze set up by the bed and a grab bar in

the bathroom, once I came home from the hospital, I could tend to all

that for myself, freeing my husband to go back to work. (He did get to do

the cooking for about three weeks, 'cause I just couldn't stand that long

or lift the pans.) And I credit it all to the excellent health I was in

thanks to SCD.

SCD is worth every bit of sweat, tears, and frustration you put into it.

Now, what recipes were you trying the substitutions in, and what went

wrong with them? Let's see if we can figure out how to make this work

properly for you and your daughter!

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Marilyn-

I just want to say thank you for emailing me all of that info. You are a sweetheart.

If my daughter has a flare up at 3 months, are you able to function- go to school,etc.? and how long do they last?

What is the mental stuff that went away for you, the ADHD?

My daughter has celiac disease for 2 years. found out now that she has d-lactate bacterial overgrowth and she's been on the diet for 2 weeks only. She has anxiety/panic that is keeping her from going to church and school. Will this diet clear up her anxiety/panic? With you, how soon did you see a change mentally?

The recipe that I really need to be able to make for her is the basic muffin one but lately it's not turning out.

Thanks again for responding. I really do appreciate it.

Marla

At 10:00 PM 10/16/2008, you wrote:

I'm really confused with tons of stuff. I keep reading from everyone on here about 3, 6, 9 month flares and die offs. That is freaking me out. What in the world is that? and does everyone go thru this? I thought this diet was the answer I've been looking for - for my daughter. But this has me concerned. Also, the recipes aren't turning out for me lately. I've replace butter with coconut oil and I'm using only egg yolks instead of a full egg due to intolerances that my daughter has. Any suggestions?Marla,First, follow the rule from Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which is, "Don't Panic!" The second rule, from the same book is, "Do you know where your towel is?"With regards to the second rule, I've been inclined to think it must mean DISH towel, since we SCDers spend so much time cooking and cleaning up!I'm

assuming you've read Breaking the Vicious Cycle, aka BTVC. Therefore, you know that many gut disorders are likely the result of an overgrowth of bad bacteria, and that the objective of SCD is to starve the bad guys out.When we start the intro diet, we chop off the bad bacteria's supply line, and generally, they throw a temper tantrum, demanding their old food. Their temper tantrums can cause flu-like symptoms, general worsening of symptoms initially, and all-around ICKY feelings, both physical, and emotional. Or it could be something as simple as a drippy nose. Then, when we are strong, and refuse to give them their accustomed food, they start starving, and dying off in massive numbers. For some people, this can also make symptoms worse, and is generally referred to as "die off."Some people are lucky, and their bad bacteria just leave relatively quietly. Some people will get steadily better. Others have ups and

downs. They may try a food which is too advanced for them, and have to drop back to easier to digest foods. Deciding if a food is advanced or not is one of the most frustrating parts of the SCD. There's a "stages" list over on www.pecanbread. com which can be helpful. However, everyone's digestive system is different, and what one person tolerates easily, another person may not. (I'm a classic example: carrots are on the intro diet, but I didn't tolerate carrots for nearly six months. I ate peeled zucchini. But broccoli and cauliflower, which are notorious for causing gas issues were two vegetables I was able to eat early on with no difficulty. )Now, you'll recall that lots of the bad bacteria have packed up and left town at the outset of the diet. But there are a number of strong bad bacteria who are determined to outlast you, and they march around in your gut yelling, "H-ll

no, we won't go!" About the three month point on the diet, they're realizing they you are, in fact, serious, and that you do intend to boot them out for good, so they start creating a ruckus, trying to get you to feed them.It is a Bad Thing if you surrender to the cravings at this point -- because the weak sisters among the bad bacteria have already left town. If you feed the stronger remaining ones, they will multiple, and it will be that much harder to starve them out.The ruckus the bad bacteria create has been colloquially dubbed, "The Three Month Flare."For many people, the rest of the story is finding foods their gut can tolerate and just waiting while their systems heal.For other folks (who are often on the list because they are having problems), it is not quite that easy. It can take time to find tolerated foods. And, depending on the level of damage, or how stubborn the bad bacteria are, healing can take a very

long time. Or it can be like it was for the lady who was my mentor on SCD. When she was diagnosed with Crohn's, her doctor was recommending immediate surgery because he described her gut as looking like bloody lace. 14 months of SCD later, he did a colonoscopy, and said that if he had not diagnosed her himself, he would not have believed she was the same patient, because there were no lesions.Generally the folks who are not having problems aren't here on the list. They usually go on their way to a happier, healthier life which does not include living their life chained to the house, or hunting madly for the next lavatory. (I used to know where every lavatory was in every restaurant and store for miles around, not to mention all the rest stops!) Some of us are crazy enough to stay and try to use our added energy to help newcomers to this wonderful way of eating that can mean so much.Now sometimes, the bad bacteria may be extra stubborn,

and they may try to stage a revolution like the one staged around the three month period -- and this may occur at 3, 6, 7, or 9 months. It can be a challenge to stay faithful to the diet.I can legitimately tell you that while this is not an easy diet to follow, partly because Elaine left it flexible, to account for all the variables in people's different systems, it does work.My own malabsorption issues led to extreme morbid obesity. I had serious ADHD symptoms. I had gut pain and soft, mushy stool and urgency. The mental stuff cleared first for me. The gut pains went next. The soft, mushy stool and urgency took a lot longer than I would have liked. Dealing with the obesity is taking a lot, lot longer, but hey, I'm now merely obese instead of morbidly obese. (I've lost 180 pounds.) I had surgery for cancer in April. My surgeons were amazed at the fact that they had me down for two units of blood -- and I needed none. I

was out of bed by the second day after my surgery and walking around with a walker. I had no post-operative infection. I had no wound separation (almost a given on fat patients with large incisions) on a 24" incision. Once we got a trapeze set up by the bed and a grab bar in the bathroom, once I came home from the hospital, I could tend to all that for myself, freeing my husband to go back to work. (He did get to do the cooking for about three weeks, 'cause I just couldn't stand that long or lift the pans.) And I credit it all to the excellent health I was in thanks to SCD.SCD is worth every bit of sweat, tears, and frustration you put into it. Now, what recipes were you trying the substitutions in, and what went wrong with them? Let's see if we can figure out how to make this work properly for you and your daughter!

— Marilyn New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

At 07:18 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:

I just want to say thank you for

emailing me all of that info. You are a sweetheart.

If my daughter has a flare up at 3 months, are you able to function- go

to school,etc.? and how long do they last?

That's one of those questions that it's all but impossible to answer

because (and you'll get to really, REALLY hate this comment), everyone is

different.

For me, I remember being just about ready to kill for a freakin' cinnamon

roll! I developed a serious fondness for extrasweet cinnamon yogurt about

that time, because it was the closest I could come to for oooey gooey

stuff. There were some other things I was craving, too, but I don't

recall what they were. I do remember asking somewhat plaintively on the

list if this could be the three month flare, and was assured that it

probably was.

I was able to work (part time, as a cashier in a book store, enough to

support my terminal book habit). I didn't have any particular ramp-up of

physical symptoms. Just !@#$#@! cravings -- and I think my husband was

considering putting his wheat bread under lock and key.

What is the mental stuff that

went away for you, the ADHD?

For me, the ADD stuff takes the form of a hyperactive brain. I bounce

from project to project. I can't bleeping well remember where I set down

the car keys (or anything else) I had just a minute ago. I would get very

easily frustrated if things didn't go the way I thought they should. ADD

& ADHD run in my family. (I have a nephew who was on Ritalin for

years.)

As my gut issues became worse over the years, so did my emotional state.

I often became unhinged about things. I understand entirely what the moms

on www.pecanbread.com are talking

about when they say " my kid went into meltdown after eating

something illegal. "

Christmas dinner is a bit of a trial. I usually have one major meltdown

in the middle of preparing. The December after I went SCD, my mom was

concerned over the idea of serving this weird SCD food to family and

friends so I made parallel meals--the normal one and one for SCD.

I made up recipes as I went along. I made up recipes for cranberry sauce

and turkey dressing. I made up a recipe for pumpkin casserole, another

for a pumpkin cake.

After dinner, when everyone had left, Harry and I were sitting together.

The dinner went off beautifully*. No meltdowns or anything. I never

noticed. But Harry noticed and commented and then said, " I like SCD.

It's nice to have the woman I married back. "

That was the determining point: come hell or high water I would continue

with the diet.

(*What was interesting was that all the SCD food was eaten. The ordinary

food was left.)

My daughter has celiac disease

for 2 years. found out now that she has d-lactate bacterial overgrowth

and she's been on the diet for 2 weeks only. She has anxiety/panic

that is keeping her from going to church and school. Will this diet

clear up her anxiety/panic? With you, how soon did you see a change

mentally?

It may very well help. See above. I've actually continued to improve. I

usually over-plan on the food I'm taking when we travel. Even pre-SCD we

had the Alm Traveling Kitchen because it was less expensive than eating

out. Pre-SCD, I would over-plan, run out of time, and get very frustrated

and upset because I didn't have everything I wanted to make ready. The

fact that we were rarely able to fit more than about half of what I

prepared into our travel fridge and the remainder stayed in the freezer

and was eaten on our return was irrelevant. It just HAD to be ready when

we left. <g> I still over plan -- you should have seen the

amount of soup, broth, muffins and crackers I assembled before I went

into the hospital for my surgery. (Actually, it was a good thing I made

that many crackers, because they lasted up until last week!)

But for the trip we were going to take last week (and which was

canceled), I actually had everything ready by Monday afternoon for a

Wednesday departure. With just the right amount of everything. And since

I was planning 3 squares a day for a full week for both of us, I now have

pre-made breakfasts for me for several weeks, and a bunch of lunches and

dinners that I can just pull out of the freezer and defrost and enjoy

without a bunch of cleaning up and cooking. Or cooking and cleaning

up.

The recipe that I really need to

be able to make for her is the basic muffin one but lately it's not

turning out. Thanks again for responding. I really do appreciate it.

Let me think about this. Are you using 3 egg yolks, or are you using more

to compensate for the lost egg whites?

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

If a recipe calls for 3 eggs, then I am using 4 egg yolks. Could that be the problem with stuff not turning out? Maybe just use 3 yolks if recipe calls for 3 eggs?

Here's an answered prayer for this weekend. Rach actually called a school friend and they rode bikes and played cards for awhile. (Rach hasn't been to school yet this school year due to the anxiety). So any little thing is an encouragement to me and this was actually a huge thing that she did this weekend - by her initiating contact with a friend.

Marla

At 07:18 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:

I just want to say thank you for emailing me all of that info. You are a sweetheart.If my daughter has a flare up at 3 months, are you able to function- go to school,etc.? and how long do they last?That's one of those questions that it's all but impossible to answer because (and you'll get to really, REALLY hate this comment), everyone is different.For me, I remember being just about ready to kill for a freakin' cinnamon roll! I developed a serious fondness for extrasweet cinnamon yogurt about that time, because it was the closest I could come to for oooey gooey stuff. There were some other things I was craving, too, but I don't recall what they were. I do remember asking somewhat plaintively on the list if this could be the three month flare, and was assured that it probably was.I was able to work (part time, as a cashier in a book store, enough to support my

terminal book habit). I didn't have any particular ramp-up of physical symptoms. Just !@#$#@! cravings -- and I think my husband was considering putting his wheat bread under lock and key.

What is the mental stuff that went away for you, the ADHD?For me, the ADD stuff takes the form of a hyperactive brain. I bounce from project to project. I can't bleeping well remember where I set down the car keys (or anything else) I had just a minute ago. I would get very easily frustrated if things didn't go the way I thought they should. ADD & ADHD run in my family. (I have a nephew who was on Ritalin for years.)As my gut issues became worse over the years, so did my emotional state. I often became unhinged about things. I understand entirely what the moms on www.pecanbread. com are talking about when they say "my kid went into meltdown after eating something illegal." Christmas dinner is a bit of a trial. I usually have one major meltdown in the middle of preparing. The December after I went SCD, my mom

was concerned over the idea of serving this weird SCD food to family and friends so I made parallel meals--the normal one and one for SCD. I made up recipes as I went along. I made up recipes for cranberry sauce and turkey dressing. I made up a recipe for pumpkin casserole, another for a pumpkin cake. After dinner, when everyone had left, Harry and I were sitting together. The dinner went off beautifully* . No meltdowns or anything. I never noticed. But Harry noticed and commented and then said, "I like SCD. It's nice to have the woman I married back." That was the determining point: come hell or high water I would continue with the diet. (*What was interesting was that all the SCD food was eaten. The ordinary food was left.)

My daughter has celiac disease for 2 years. found out now that she has d-lactate bacterial overgrowth and she's been on the diet for 2 weeks only. She has anxiety/panic that is keeping her from going to church and school. Will this diet clear up her anxiety/panic? With you, how soon did you see a change mentally?It may very well help. See above. I've actually continued to improve. I usually over-plan on the food I'm taking when we travel. Even pre-SCD we had the Alm Traveling Kitchen because it was less expensive than eating out. Pre-SCD, I would over-plan, run out of time, and get very frustrated and upset because I didn't have everything I wanted to make ready. The fact that we were rarely able to fit more than about half of what I prepared into our travel fridge and the remainder stayed in the freezer and was eaten on our return was irrelevant. It just HAD to be ready when

we left. <g> I still over plan -- you should have seen the amount of soup, broth, muffins and crackers I assembled before I went into the hospital for my surgery. (Actually, it was a good thing I made that many crackers, because they lasted up until last week!)But for the trip we were going to take last week (and which was canceled), I actually had everything ready by Monday afternoon for a Wednesday departure. With just the right amount of everything. And since I was planning 3 squares a day for a full week for both of us, I now have pre-made breakfasts for me for several weeks, and a bunch of lunches and dinners that I can just pull out of the freezer and defrost and enjoy without a bunch of cleaning up and cooking. Or cooking and cleaning up.

The recipe that I really need to be able to make for her is the basic muffin one but lately it's not turning out. Thanks again for responding. I really do appreciate it. Let me think about this. Are you using 3 egg yolks, or are you using more to compensate for the lost egg whites?

— Marilyn New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund