RemedySpot.com

cheese

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I did not tolerate cheddar at first. The only cheese I tolerated for a long time was Colby/Jack. Now I enjoy pepper jack, gouda, and provolone occassionaly. I haven't tried cheddar again.

Misty Kimble

CD - no meds

SCD - 8 months

Subject: CheeseTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 12:21 PM

I know the topic of cheese has been discussed, but I went to the market this weekend and was talking with the guy in the dairy department. We started discussing cheese and about the aging process, etc. I told him I was only looking for cheeses that were aged over 30 days and he told me that as long as the cheese has the "official" gold seal, it indicates that it has been aged at least 30 days. Only certain (more expensive) brands state the cheese has been aged "over 30 days" or however long. I thought this was interesting and he seemed to know quite a bit about cheeses, but I just wanted to run it by the group to see whether in fact this is true? It is a great guideline if so..and there are much cheaper cheeses that have the "seal." With the prices of groceries going up as they are..anywhere to cut down on prices would be great!Another question is why we are to only have "mild" or "medium"

cheddar and not sharp?Also, I've only yet tried cheddar cheese, I don't care for parmesan, but what other cheese have people tried that have gone well for them? Thanks!naUC-July 07SCD-March 08

My daughter does not do well with uncooked cheddar, however if it is melted in a meal she does ok. It works for pizza and different melted toppings as long as we don't overdue it.

Kathy

From: bcarst83 <bcarst83gmail (DOT) com>Subject: CheeseTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comDate: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 12:21 PM

I know the topic of cheese has been discussed, but I went to the market this weekend and was talking with the guy in the dairy department. We started discussing cheese and about the aging process, etc. I told him I was only looking for cheeses that were aged over 30 days and he told me that as long as the cheese has the "official" gold seal, it indicates that it has been aged at least 30 days. Only certain (more expensive) brands state the cheese has been aged "over 30 days" or however long. I thought this was interesting and he seemed to know quite a bit about cheeses, but I just wanted to run it by the group to see whether in fact this is true? It is a great guideline if so..and there are much cheaper cheeses that have the "seal." With the prices of groceries going up as they are..anywhere to cut down on prices would be great!Another question is why we are to only have "mild" or "medium"

cheddar and not sharp?Also, I've only yet tried cheddar cheese, I don't care for parmesan, but what other cheese have people tried that have gone well for them? Thanks!naUC-July 07SCD-March 08

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

>

>>

>> Can we have pepper jack that is in brick form?

>

> Depending on the style. Use occasionally to be safe (assuming it

> might be montery jack).

>

>> Is there a list of legal and illegal chesses somewhere?

>

> http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/legal_illegal_a-c.htm

I don't know about cheeses with additives like peppers. You have to be

careful. It depends on whether they put anything on it to preserve it

first.

Mara

Aizeen,I don't know about pepper jack cheese. I'd be very cautious of a cheese with things added to it because you don't know what was done to the peppers prior to them being added to the cheese.There is a list of legal and illegal cheeses in the back of the BTVC book.Take care,Kim H.husband, , CD 1999, SCD 2002 To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:56:38 PMSubject: Cheese

Can we have pepper jack that is in brick form? Is there a list of

legal and illegal chesses somewhere?

Thanks

aiazeen - 4 month SCD

UC 6 1/2 yrs

At 09:56 PM 11/14/2008, you wrote:

Can we have pepper jack that is

in brick form? Is there a list of legal and illegal chesses

somewhere?

You can find a list of legal and illegal cheeses in BTVC.

I would not trust a commercially made block of flavored cheese. There's

no telling what they added with those peppers. I had come across

something which I was somewhat excited about, and was beginning the

preliminary check on the product to see if MAYBE....!

It was " popped cheese, " designed to be like popcorn. I doubted

it could be legal, but the website said it was 100% real cheese. So I

called. They assured me it was just cheese. I asked what else is put in

with the cheese. Finally, the person I was talking to went and got some

bags of the stuff. Yep. Sugar. Maltodextrin. Natural flavoring. Modified

food starch.

I thanked her, but pointed out that their product was not, in fact,

" 100% real cheese, " and let her know I was researching for a

large number of people who would have been happy to buy if the product

really was " Just cheese. "

If you want pepperjack, you'll have to make your own.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

• 3 weeks later...

Stages are only a guess. Try a small piece of cheese and see how he does with it. Katy

Does anyone know what stage you should be when starting to eat cheese. My son does not seem to be bothered by milk products, and he loves cheese, but I am not sure when to allow him to eat it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Click here to find experienced pros to help with your home improvement project.