RemedySpot.com

Re: Yogurt Starters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Speaking of yogurt starters - just made my 1st batch of yogurt today, haven't tasted it yet and, it looks good :-)Am wondering ... for the next batch, can I use some of the yogurt from this 1st batch, as a starter ?  If so, how much yogurt would I use to make 2 qts. ?Thank you,Ok, now, I went to buy a yogurt starter and got confused. Is it the bifidus we don't want or the boulardii we don't want.Liz (easily confused) Peace and blessings, Resca, M.S.http:// www.heartofyourillness.comMaking choices that fully support who you are when you have a serious illnesslinda@...

At 08:14 PM 10/20/2008, you wrote:

Am wondering ... for the next

batch, can I use some of the yogurt from this 1st batch, as a starter

? If so, how much yogurt would I use to make 2 qts.

?

Nope. Elaine wanted us to use fresh starter each time to reduce the

possibility of introducing wild strains.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Thanks, & ... good point !At 08:14 PM 10/20/2008, you wrote:Am wondering ... for the next batch, can I use some of the yogurt from this 1st batch, as a starter ?  If so, how much yogurt would I use to make 2 qts. ?Nope. Elaine wanted us to use fresh starter each time to reduce the possibility of introducing wild strains.— Marilyn    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA    Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001    Darn Good SCD Cook    No Human Children    Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund         Peace and blessings, Resca, M.S.http:// www.heartofyourillness.comMaking choices that fully support who you are when you have a serious illnesslinda@...