RemedySpot.com

Re: Welch's grape juice - help solve a mystery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

Its rough in the beginning, but you will get the hang of it...

Yes you got the right one, If a item had been proven to be legal, its OK. Someone has verified the contents of the concentrate . But as a good rule of thumb, stay away from concentrates...

Its nice to see people reading before eating......That's what got the best of me in the beginning.... I usually would catch the illegal as I was eating it.

All The Best, LouUC 11 YearsSCD March 2006

I thought any juice from concentrate was a no-no and makes it illegal,right? Or am I mistaken? Any help clarifying this would beappreciated. much thanks ~ Mike

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

good question! I bought grape juice not from concentrate at Trader Joes and Welch's has to be cheaper!

Welch's grape juice - help solve a mystery

BTVC and SCD sites say Welch's 100% grape juice in a jar is legal.First, does jar mean the same as plastic bottle? (glass jar vs.plastic jar) From the look of their website, Welch doesn't bottlejuice in a glass jar.Second, the label says grape juice from concentrate:Ingredients: Grape juice from concentrate (filtered water, grape juiceconcentrate), Grape Juice, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C). No artificialflavors or colors added. (Contains natural fruit sugars only.) Madefrom Concord Grapes. I thought any juice from concentrate was a no-no and makes it illegal,right? Or am I mistaken? Any help clarifying this would beappreciated. much thanks ~ Mike

I thought any juice from concentrate was a no-no and makes it illegal,right? Or am I mistaken? Any help clarifying this would beappreciated. much thanks ~ MikeSome things made from concentrate that have been checked are okay - concentrate isonly bad when it is concentrated in a way that heightens the sugar content. That's whylegal tomato juice - also made from concentrate - is also fine - no heightening of sugar content. Mara