RemedySpot.com

Re: COLLEGE STUDENT LOSING HOPE OVER HERE. GOOD COOKS, PLEASE HELP...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HOW THE HELL IS A COLLEGE STUDENT SUPPOSED TO DO THIS DIET!!!

Again, Please help me. I'll love you all forever. haha.~Jasmin, the panicked college Freshman.

Hi Jasmin,

First off, DO NOT bring a hot plate into the room. The wiring is probably not rated to handle the load and could cause a fire in the wall. That would be bad!!!!! The extra load from the equipment they already gave you could max out your rooms electric.

Second, Does the collage have a cafeteria that you can gain access to with special permission and prepare your meals and freeze them?

Third, Does the School offer Home Economics classes that teach cooking, maybe you could squeeze a class or two in?

Forth, Find a local Deli,Pizzeria or Restaurant, get a part time job and utilize the kitchen.

Fifth, No offence if you already have a boy friend, but if you don't, maybe find one how works in one of the above. Or if you do have one, make him get a job at one of the above.

I say some of these things to you partly in jest, and hope you can at least enjoy a good laugh.....You must keep your chin up. I know the stress that you are going threw, and it is your worst enemy given your health.

I don't know where you go to school, but if I can help, I'm in the Charlotte Area of North Carolina and I just took over a Pizza $ Pasta Shop, I would be happy to help you out.

Now Now People, dont storm me with emails, Its not SCD legal yet. L.O.L.

All The Best, LouUC 11 YearsSCD March 2006New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

I think these are great ideas that Lou posted, I would add only that since you have a crock pot, would you be able to make soups? You can put a whole chicken with some carrots, fresh ginger and celery and let it simmer all day on low slow cooking. I had bad flares of my UC during all of my Bachelor and Master degree studies, and I did a lot of soup making, which helped enormously. Also, make sure you get your pro-biotics in daily in some form, as getting the good bacteria is probably the most helpful thing of all. Are you able to cook eggs? You can at least cook eggs in water, poached, in a microwave. Also, buy Greek yogurt if you are unable to make your own. The crock pot to me seems your best option, but as Lou stated, try to find a way to get access to a kitchen, be it on campus, or work something out at the school cafeteria, they have to allow for

special diets. Sorry I am not much help, but keep positive thoughts and just fight through it, somehow it works out when there is a will, there is always a way. Be creative and fight for what you need to keep healthy. Good luck. Cathleen, UC for 20 plus years, SCD 4 years, Lialda 8 months

In a message dated 10/20/2008 5:28:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jazzylovesdrama@ yahoo.com writes:

Again, Please help me. I'll love you all forever. haha.~Jasmin, the panicked college Freshman.

Hi Jasmin,

First off, DO NOT bring a hot plate into the room. The wiring is probably not rated to handle the load and could cause a fire in the wall. That would be bad!!!!! The extra load from the equipment they already gave you could max out your rooms electric.

Second, Does the collage have a cafeteria that you can gain access to with special permission and prepare your meals and freeze them?

Third, Does the School offer Home Economics classes that teach cooking, maybe you could squeeze a class or two in?

Forth, Find a local Deli,Pizzeria or Restaurant, get a part time job and utilize the kitchen.

Fifth, No offence if you already have a boy friend, but if you don't, maybe find one how works in one of the above. Or if you do have one, make him get a job at one of the above.

I say some of these things to you partly in jest, and hope you can at least enjoy a good laugh.....You must keep your chin up. I know the stress that you are going threw, and it is your worst enemy given your health.

I don't know where you go to school, but if I can help, I'm in the Charlotte Area of North Carolina and I just took over a Pizza $ Pasta Shop, I would be happy to help you out.

I don't know where you go to school, but if I can help, I'm in the Charlotte Area of North Carolina and I just took over a Pizza $ Pasta Shop, I would be happy to help you out. Now Now People, dont storm me with emails, Its not SCD legal yet. L.O.L.Oh, good for you, Lou, so the deal finally went through!Mara, now with even more incentive to visit North Carolina.

Thank you for your help. I bought a power strip, so that helps with the energy load. Also, I spoke to the disabilities dept. and they made sure to give me access to a kitchen, it's just obviously not in my room, so I have to schlep over to it with all of my things. I don't mean to be lazy, I just need to be able to make less complicated and not too expensive mass meals. Meaning, I can't afford to buy ALL the crazy spices or expensive ingredients required for some of the cook books I bought, and I don't want to make things that have too many ingredients and necessary cooking tools, because I have to go a distance with them. I have tupperware to freeze things, just not crazy amounts of space. My freezer could fit a standard size microwave in it-ish. But of course I have frozen fruit and

veggies taking up some space.-Jasmin ^_^ Re: COLLEGE STUDENT LOSING HOPE OVER HERE. GOOD COOKS, PLEASE HELP...

In a message dated 10/20/2008 5:28:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jazzylovesdrama@ yahoo.com writes:

Hi Jasmin,

Now Now People, dont storm me with emails, Its not SCD legal yet. L.O.L.

All The Best, LouUC 11 YearsSCD March 2006New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!