complex...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

I bought a jar of MaraNatha Almond Butter at Whole Foods. The only ingredients are dry roasted almonds. I assume this is legal- I haven't opened it. Anyone see an issue with this?

Re: Signs of improvement?

Do you make your own Almond Butter? I am a newby to UC and to this site and am looking for answers.Diag. in 2006, just found BTVS in 7/2008ucnewby> > > I was diagnosed with UC in March, and have been on the SCD since April.> > It appears to be working although I'm not certain it is working> > perfectly. For the past 3 weeks I have eaten only chicken soup, hard> > boiled eggs,boiled apples, bolied carrots, homemade yogurt with honey> > in it, boiled spinach, and very diluted apple cider. Earlier on I was> > eating DCCC, as well as ripe bananas, but I seem to have less bleeding> > now that I have eliminated those. How do I know if something is giving> > me troubles? Basically, Over the past 3 weeks or so, the typical> > pattern is 1-2 "stools" that are just 2-3 tablespoons of mucous with> > maybe a little hard stool. Then every 2nd or 3rd day I'll have a larger> > solid stool that is about like a hot dog with a little of the mucous> > also. Seemingly randomly, (like once a week) I'll have some cramping> > and the long thin painful stools with blood at the end. Before I> > started the diet there was blood almost every other day, so I think> > thats a good sign...What puzzles me is that it seems totally random. I> > wonder if its the order in which I'm eating the food? Has anyone else> > gone through these stages of improvement? Also, what is "die off" ?> > Thanks for being more helpful than the medical industrial complex...> >> > > >> >> > ------------------------------------> >> >

It's legal I bought a jar of MaraNatha Almond Butter at Whole Foods. The only ingredients are dry roasted almonds. I assume this is legal- I haven't opened it. Anyone see an issue with this? Re: Signs of improvement? Do you make your own Almond Butter? I am a newby to UC and to this site and am looking for answers.Diag. in 2006, just found BTVS in 7/2008ucnewby> > > I was diagnosed with UC in March, and have been on the SCD since April.> > It appears to be working although I'm not certain it is working> > perfectly. For the past 3 weeks I have eaten only chicken soup, hard> > boiled eggs,boiled apples, bolied carrots, homemade yogurt with honey> > in it, boiled spinach, and very diluted apple cider. Earlier on I was> > eating DCCC, as well as ripe bananas, but I seem to have less bleeding> > now that I have eliminated those. How do I know if something is giving> > me troubles? Basically, Over the past 3 weeks or so, the typical> > pattern is 1-2 "stools" that are just 2-3 tablespoons of mucous with> > maybe a little hard stool. Then every 2nd or 3rd day I'll have a larger> > solid stool that is about like a hot dog with a little of the mucous> > also. Seemingly randomly, (like once a week) I'll have some cramping> > and the long thin painful stools with blood at the end. Before I> > started the diet there was blood almost every other day, so I think> > thats a good sign...What puzzles me is that it seems totally random. I> > wonder if its the order in which I'm eating the food? Has anyone else> > gone through these stages of improvement? Also, what is "die off" ?> > Thanks for being more helpful than the medical industrial complex...> >> > > >> >> > ------------------------------------> >> >

Mara, you seem to be well versed in the SCDiet. Can i ask you a few more questions?

I am trying to replce probiotics in my system, I have been starting VSL#3DS. I see it is not legal, any input would be great. And if I cannot use VSL#3, have you any knowledge of MountainHighyoghurt.com, yoghurt as a good source? I really don't see myself being able to make homemade yoghurt.

Thanks in advance for your guidence and knowledge

Dianna

I bought a jar of MaraNatha Almond Butter at Whole Foods. The only ingredients are dry roasted almonds. I assume this is legal- I haven't opened it. Anyone see an issue with this?

Re: Signs of improvement?

Do you make your own Almond Butter? I am a newby to UC and to this site and am looking for answers.Diag. in 2006, just found BTVS in 7/2008ucnewby> > > I was diagnosed with UC in March, and have been on the SCD since April.> > It appears to be working although I'm not certain it is working> > perfectly. For the past 3 weeks I have eaten only chicken soup, hard> > boiled eggs,boiled apples, bolied carrots, homemade yogurt with honey> > in it, boiled spinach, and very diluted apple cider. Earlier on I was> > eating DCCC, as well as ripe bananas, but I seem to have less bleeding> > now that I have eliminated those. How do I know if something is giving> > me troubles? Basically, Over the past 3 weeks or so, the typical> > pattern is 1-2 "stools" that are just 2-3 tablespoons of mucous

with> > maybe a little hard stool. Then every 2nd or 3rd day I'll have a larger> > solid stool that is about like a hot dog with a little of the mucous> > also. Seemingly rand! omly, (l ike once a week) I'll have some cramping> > and the long thin painful stools with blood at the end. Before I> > started the diet there was blood almost every other day, so I think> > thats a good sign...What puzzles me is that it seems totally random. I> > wonder if its the order in which I'm eating the food? Has anyone else> > gone through these stages of improvement? Also, what is "die off" ?> > Thanks for being more helpful than the medical industrial complex...> >> > > >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >> >

---- Original message ----

>Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:37:38 -0700 (PDT)

>

>Subject: Re: Re: Signs of improvement?

>To: BTVC-SCD

>

> Mara, you seem to be well versed in the SCDiet. Can

> i ask you a few more questions?

> I am trying to replce probiotics in my system, I

> have been starting VSL#3DS. I see it is not legal,

> any input would be great.

It's not legal because it has bifidus - I have a big

stack of them myself at the back of my fridge, bought

just before I began the diet - so I know where you

are coming from. They were too damn expensive to throw

out.

You can buy probiotics and yogurt starter from Lucy's

kitchen shop:

http://www.lucyskitchenshop.com/acidophilus.html

that's what I currently use.

>And if I cannot use VSL#3,

> have you any knowledge of MountainHighyoghurt.com,

> yoghurt as a good source?

that appears to have bifidus in it as well, so no,

it's not legal either to eat or as a starter.

http://www.mountainhighyoghurt.com/html/products.htm

If you do decide to start making yogurt at some point,

you can get legal starter here:

http://www.mountainhighyoghurt.com/html/products.htm

> I really don't see myself

> being able to make homemade yoghurt.

May I ask why you don't see yourself as being able to

make yogurt yourself?

Regards,

Mara

I don't think it is because they're not blanched almonds - also if

you're just introducing pecan butter is easier (homemade -and for

this you just buy pecans -no need to worry about blanched)

eileen 9 months scd

> >

> > > I was diagnosed with UC in March, and have been on the SCD

since

> April.

> > > It appears to be working although I'm not certain it is

working

> > > perfectly. For the past 3 weeks I have eaten only chicken

soup,

> hard

> > > boiled eggs,boiled apples, bolied carrots, homemade yogurt

with

> honey

> > > in it, boiled spinach, and very diluted apple cider. Earlier

on I

> was

> > > eating DCCC, as well as ripe bananas, but I seem to have less

> bleeding

> > > now that I have eliminated those. How do I know if something

is

> giving

> > > me troubles? Basically, Over the past 3 weeks or so, the

typical

> > > pattern is 1-2 " stools " that are just 2-3 tablespoons of

mucous

> with

> > > maybe a little hard stool. Then every 2nd or 3rd day I'll

have a

> larger

> > > solid stool that is about like a hot dog with a little of the

> mucous

> > > also. Seemingly randomly, (like once a week) I'll have some

> cramping

> > > and the long thin painful stools with blood at the end.

Before I

> > > started the diet there was blood almost every other day, so I

> think

> > > thats a good sign...What puzzles me is that it seems totally

> random. I

> > > wonder if its the order in which I'm eating the food? Has

anyone

> else

> > > gone through these stages of improvement? Also, what is " die

> off " ?

> > > Thanks for being more helpful than the medical industrial

> complex...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > >

My local Safeway has a "nut bar" of whole nuts (several varities) would this be legal? you can actually blend them right there.

Subject: Re: Signs of improvement?To: BTVC-SCD Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 4:14 AM

I don't think it is because they're not blanched almonds - also if you're just introducing pecan butter is easier (homemade -and for this you just buy pecans -no need to worry about blanched)eileen 9 months scd> > > > > I was diagnosed with UC in March, and have been on the SCD since > April.> > > It appears to be working although I'm not certain it is working> > > perfectly. For the past 3 weeks I have eaten only chicken soup, > hard> > > boiled eggs,boiled apples, bolied carrots, homemade yogurt with > honey> > > in it, boiled spinach, and very diluted apple cider. Earlier on I > was> > > eating DCCC,

as well as ripe bananas, but I seem to have less > bleeding> > > now that I have eliminated those. How do I know if something is > giving> > > me troubles? Basically, Over the past 3 weeks or so, the typical> > > pattern is 1-2 "stools" that are just 2-3 tablespoons of mucous > with> > > maybe a little hard stool. Then every 2nd or 3rd day I'll have a > larger> > > solid stool that is about like a hot dog with a little of the > mucous> > > also. Seemingly randomly, (like once a week) I'll have some > cramping> > > and the long thin painful stools with blood at the end. Before I> > > started the diet there was blood almost every other day, so I > think> > > thats a good sign...What puzzles me is that it seems totally > random. I> > > wonder if its the

order in which I'm eating the food? Has anyone > else> > > gone through these stages of improvement? Also, what is "die > off" ?> > > Thanks for being more helpful than the medical industrial > complex...> > >> > > > > >> > >> > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> > >> > >

At 04:06 PM 10/17/2008, you wrote:

My local Safeway has a " nut

bar " of whole nuts (several varities) would this be legal? you can

actually blend them right there.

Depends on what else goes in it.

—

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

>

> My local Safeway has a " nut bar " of whole nuts (several varities)

would this be legal? you can actually blend them right there.

>

I would be leary of any thing sold/provided from bulk or a bar. These

could contain almost anything in small amounts-better safe than sorry.

oops - I have been getting nuts from the bulk section of my grocery store. If you don't get them in bulk where should I look for them? Are there certain brands of packaged nuts that we can buy?__________________________________________________