RemedySpot.com

is it ok for a 5yo to take a break??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We have been on SCD for about 2 1/2 months now. my 5 yr old is doing remarkably well. She gained 4 pounds in the first 7 weeks. We are on SCD because we have neurological damage from a mold infested house and began having a ton of allergy and neurological symptoms. Becca is the worst case in our house. We are now in a clean environment and like I said feeling awesome. Here's my dilema.

Becca is going to my mother's house in WI, we are in SC, for her birthday. Her sisters went pre SCD and had a blast with all the treats and wonderful foods Grandma makes. Now she is going and has to be restricted. I want her to have fun and I know that fun and love is not associated with food but my mother is having nightmares about what to feed her. I told her what she can have and that I would send things along to make it easier but nontheless she is nervous. Becca is now not wanting to go because she wants to do the fun things her sisters were able to do. Do I let her go and postpone SCD until she is home and start over? Is is going to undo everything we've done if she is there and eats a gluten and dairy free diet? My mother is used to that bcause we were GF/DF for 2 years prior to SCD. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you,

Ann