RemedySpot.com

Re: POM juice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all;             I tried this juice, when I wasn't on the SCDiet. It's delicious. Pomegranate is one of my favorite fruit.             But I'm not sure if it's SCD legal. What you eat of this wonderful and sacred fruit, it's the seeds in its envelope. I wouldn't try it now that I'm on SCD (3 months only)...or maybe when I will be at least 6 months symptoms free. I tried this fruit in a red smoothy last month (after all, it was Halloween!!!), and I almost regretted it. Bloating and stomachaches visited me for three days. It was the only "new" ingredient I ate that day.             Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me could help you make a decision. I'm not an expert, and I can only advice on my own

experience.              Have a nice day!              Rowanfae Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!http://web.me.com/cristalrose/Dragons_Den_/welcome.html

Rowanfae,

I love POM juice too, but I am quite sure it is not SCD legal. I don't remember all the ingredients listed, but it is made from concentrate, and there was an ingredient or two I wasn't sure of. Still, I went ahead and tried it, hoping for the best, and it made me sick almost instantly. I know different people react to foods differently, but I would be really surprised if anyone found out POM juice is legal. But a few days ago, someone talked about Knudson's Just Juice, including a pomengranate flavor, so you might look into that (I'm hoping to whenever I get time).

Ann in Iowa

UC, SCD since 03/30/2008

POM Juice Posted by: " Rowanfae DragonWhisperer " enee_b@... enee_b Date: Thu Nov 6, 2008 3:23 pm ((PST))

Hi all;

I tried this juice, when I wasn't on the SCDiet. It's delicious. Pomegranate is one of my favorite fruit. But I'm not sure if it's SCD legal. What you eat of this wonderful and sacred fruit, it's the seeds in its envelope. I wouldn't try it now that I'm on SCD (3 months only)...or maybe when I will be at least 6 months symptoms free. I tried this fruit in a red smoothy last month (after all, it was Halloween!!!), and I almost regretted it. Bloating and stomachaches visited me for three days. It was the only " new " ingredient I ate that day.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me could help you make a decision. I'm not an expert, and I can only advice on my own experience.

Have a nice day!

Rowanfae

Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!http://web.me.com/cristalrose/Dragons_Den_/welcome.html