RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: OT Teeth and gum cleaning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kim--why do you use your Rotodent dry?

Terry

Re: OT Teeth and gum cleaning

Hi JodiHere I am again, sharing a similar experience [grin].I have ultrasensitive gums as well, and have had to deal with peridontal issues for 15 years. I floss every night, and brush my teeth twice a day as well. I also use an electric toothbruch regularly (Rotodent), although I use it dry. Two things have made a big difference to my gum pain and easy bleeding. First, is being on SCD for a long time. By my third year on SCD I noticed my mouth issues had really improved; my gums weren't bleeding as often or as easily, and I stopped needing crowns and root canals and various fillings replaced. I can't let up on the extra work cleaning my teeth, since once you have periodontal disease you can't go back. But my mouth is so much improved that now my dentist shows me off to his staff when I'm seeing him for a routine checkup.The other thing I found helped with my gum pain more than the bleeding is not using the electric toothbrush every day. I use it every other day or sometimes every 3rd day. Apparently I have sensitive teeth and gums (like I have a sensitive digestion!) and the high-speed toothbrush aggravates them even if it's doing a great job of keeping the placque from forming. Since I cut back on when I use the Rotodent I find my gums rarely hurt, and certainly don't bleed as easily -- and my teeth don't hurt either.So, for me it's been a combination of being on SCD for a long time, which improved my mouth ecology, and finding the correct frequency for my mouth when using the electric toothbrush.Kim M.SCD 5 years>> Hi all,> > I do a routine of flossing every night and I brush twice a day. I> brush with a Sonicare electric toothbrush sometimes with toothpaste> other times with a baking soda/sea salt mix I make and sometimes I> don't put anything on the brush.> > My gums hurt me a lot. The pain from flossing has not subsided. I go> to a Green dentist here in NYC (coincidentally he has Crohn's and is a> big supporter of diet and the idea of microbes/yeast- gave him a copy> of BTVC dunno if he read it.. Eliminating Gluten, Sugar and dairy was> key for him. Why some people respond to that alone still astounds me> as many moons ago when I first got ill I eliminated everything and> kept potatoes in and it wasn't enough obviously..)> > Besides the rant.. Does anyone also experience this kind of long term> pain in their gums? Have you found anything natural to do for this?> > Thank,> Jodi> SCD 13 months> Crohn's/Colitis>