RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Ankylosing Spondylitis as well

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else on this sight has Ankylosing Spondylitis complications as well as crohn's. I stopped taking my remicade 8 months ago and started with the diet 3 months ago. I really see a downslide with the spine issues since stopping the meds. The inflimation in my spine is really affecting my intestines and other areas. I am trying to stay off of all meds and do the natural thing. Rght now I feel lousy, tired, stiff and stomach pains. I am summing this up to the set back at the 3 month mark. Has anyone had success with other complications also getting better over time? Also what natural things other than excersise to releave the spine issues. My lower spine is already fused to my hips and I believe my neck is starting to fuse as well. Any comments appreciated.

Hi Debra,

I was diagnosed with AS in 2000 and last year (2007) I had the first symptoms of Crohn's disease. I started the Special Carb Diet (SCD) in Feb of 2008 and I don't feel any need to take any medications not even the simple ones like Aleve. The proccess is long and requires patience and modifications of the SCD. For example, beyond the complex carbohydrates I don't eat any milk products and a month ago I was sensitive to red meat. However lately I can eat without any significant inflammation pork meat. I don't eat anything that is made by others or has conservatives. Fish is my first choice for protein and lots of fruits or veggetables for all the necessary carbs or vitamins. I am actually thinking to start writing a book about my experience on SCD and my disease(s) with all the required scientific background.

Cheers, Ph.D.Greece

Subject: Re: Re: Ankylosing Spondylitis as wellTo: BTVC-SCD Date: Monday, September 22, 2008, 5:31 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else on this sight has Ankylosing Spondylitis complications as well as crohn's. I stopped taking my remicade 8 months ago and started with the diet 3 months ago. I really see a downslide with the spine issues since stopping the meds. The inflimation in my spine is really affecting my intestines and other areas. I am trying to stay off of all meds and do the natural thing. Rght now I feel lousy, tired, stiff and stomach pains. I am summing this up to the set back at the 3 month mark. Has anyone had success with other complications also getting better over time? Also what natural things other than excersise to releave the spine issues. My lower spine is already fused to my hips and I believe my neck is starting to fuse as well. Any comments appreciated.

Hi Debra and Micheal,

I was diagnosed by one doctor as having AS and another as not having AS, can I ask how you were diagnosed? Did you have the HLA-B27 test or the ARTS1 or the IL23R? My gastro has ordered them for me but I haven't had them done yet. The doctor who diagnosed me did so from symptoms and med history and the one who said I didn't have AS said so based on my Xray. How can I know for sure? I'm very glad to know that the SCD also works for this pain since the back pain and joint inflamation is really my biggest problem. I've been on SCD for 2 months and so far it's been great though I still have a lot of back and chest stiffness at night and in the morning. I don't have the severe sacroilliac pain I've had in the past, though that area is fused already and I suppose that's why.

Ann,

Living in Italy

Undiagnosed Crohn's since 1977 Diagnosed 15 years

Sacroiliitis 25 years

Rheumatoid arthritis 25 years

Pyoderma Gangronosum 2 years

SCD since July, 2008

Meds: Tapering Prednisone for PG

Re: Re: Ankylosing Spondylitis as wellTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comDate: Monday, September 22, 2008, 5:31 PM

Hello,

Shirely,

Hello, Thank you for responding. It is soothing to see that other people are going through the same things. It seems odd that the one doctor said you don't have AS after reviewing your x rays. Spinal fusion is actually in the advanced stages of the disease. My hips are fused to my spine and I believe my upper back is also starting to fuse based on the constant pain I have in that area. They first diagnosed me from an x ray. But when I developed Crohn's symptoms and Iritis as well they tests for the genetic marker. I tested positive. Hopefully this diet will cure the whole immune system and stop the fusion process. I was on remicade for years. Works wonderful, but was always concerned about long term affects. I guess at this point the pain is managable with Aleve and I am much better off than many.

Debra

From: debra von alst <dvona125yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: Ankylosing Spondylitis as wellTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comDate: Monday, September 22, 2008, 5:31 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else on this sight has Ankylosing Spondylitis complications as well as crohn's. I stopped taking my remicade 8 months ago and started with the diet 3 months ago. I really see a downslide with the spine issues since stopping the meds. The inflimation in my spine is really affecting my intestines and other areas. I am trying to stay off of all meds and do the natural thing. Rght now I feel lousy, tired, stiff and stomach pains. I am summing this up to the set back at the 3 month mark. Has anyone had success with other complications also getting better over time? Also what natural things other than excersise to releave the spine issues. My lower spine is already fused to my hips and I believe my neck is starting to fuse as well. Any comments

appreciated.