RemedySpot.com

Re: Can I cheat once in a while?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

Im sitting here all upset reading your letter. I have a Daughter who's name is also . She is only 6 and does not have any medical conditions but I will answer you as if I was taking to her....

I think its great to see you taking a very mature attitude towards the diet and your health. As far as your question goes....Try your hardest not to. The more cheating you do the longer you will put off the healing process. You need to think of you healing process the same as the development of the intestines of a new born baby. So to rephrase your question...Would you feed a newborn baby chocolate? I think you know the answer.

We all have cheated in some way or another, usually it is in the form of medicine or an illegal additive the got by us by accident. As the book says, Only the strictest adherence to the diet. So I would save the cheating for the OPPSes instead of the Oh Well.....

As you advance in the diet you will be allowed more foods that tend to satisfy your cravings but it is best to stick to the diet 100% for now.

I'm also looking at the calendar,.....there is really no good time to start the diet, there is always some kind of holiday lurking around the corner, so jump in with both feet...the sooner you start, the sooner you will start healing.

All The Best, LouUC 11 YearsSCD March 2006

Hello, my name is Aboukalam and I am 15 years old.I started to read about the diet in July-August. I started my dietrecently for my Crohn's disease. And I was wondering if I was aloud tocheat from time to time..? If so, how often and how little, and whatcould I have? I'm a huge fan of Chocolate, so it's quite hard for meto stay away from it, especially when your at high school andHalloween is coming :)Thanks- Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!

Just a reminder to all, and this I know from first hand experience, when we are desperate and under stress we tend to speed read and only see what we want to..... that leads to illegal's slipping in or abuse of something legal.

To much of a good thing is also no good for some of use. My love for sweets delayed my healing by almost one year. Example : I was using 18 oz of honey a day......So watch the sweets

All The Best,Lou

Hey ,

I started the diet almost 4 months ago with my three daughters and husband. I am a huge candy fan, or I should say was! I have found a ton of recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth and I tend to not crave the regular sweets. Some of my favorite include honey taffy, grape jello, pecan butter caramels, these are great later on when you can tolerate Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!

Hey ,

I started the diet almost 4 months ago with my three daughters and husband. I am a huge candy fan, or i should say was! I have found a ton of recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth and I tend to not crave the regular sweets. Some of my favorite include honey taffy, grape jello, pecan butter caramels, these are great later on when you can tolerate raw apples, if you eat the two together it tastes like a caramel apple. orange or lemon honey lollipops are a big favorite around here. I also try to keep some carrot nut butter brownies on hand. Surprisingly these have a chocolate taste resemblance. If you are really looking for something special frost them with marshmallow frosting.

I hope this helps. Stay on the diet and don't cheat. I cheated last week with bread and cheese and it took 3 days to feel better and i am stil having problems 5 days later. It is not worth it.

If you's like the recipes i posted them under a post about candy but can repost if you'd like.

ann

To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:30:42 PMSubject: Can I cheat once in a while?

Hello, my name is Aboukalam and I am 15 years old.I started to read about the diet in July-August. I started my dietrecently for my Crohn's disease. And I was wondering if I was aloud tocheat from time to time..? If so, how often and how little, and whatcould I have? I'm a huge fan of Chocolate, so it's quite hard for meto stay away from it, especially when your at high school andHalloween is coming :)Thanks-

Gosh ,

Hi, I know it's really tough going when you first start scd, but... after a wee while it will become second nature and you will no longer crave the things you are missing right now. If you are currently fighting a hankering for something, it's probably the bad bugs in your gut saying feed me! feed me! If you weaken and eat something that is forbidden, you will be feeding the strongest survivors of the bad bugs and they will go about multiplying and make you miserable and it will take you even longer to get well. If it's any consolation..... we all go through it. It does pass. You just need to stay strong!! There are lots of yummy alternatives on this diet too and you just know with everything being natural and wholesome that it's going to be good for you.

Well wishes

Gillian scd 2nd x round 23 months

undiagnosed, hla B27 pos

New Zealand

Can I cheat once in a while?

Hello, my name is Aboukalam and I am 15 years old.I started to read about the diet in July-August. I started my dietrecently for my Crohn's disease. And I was wondering if I was aloud tocheat from time to time..? If so, how often and how little, and whatcould I have? I'm a huge fan of Chocolate, so it's quite hard for meto stay away from it, especially when your at high school andHalloween is coming :)Thanks-

Hi , I have been on this diet for 7 weeks now. What I find is that if I want to cheat I can. But what's really worth cheating for? Lobster Thermadore in a 5 star restaurant? Apple Cheesecake at Claim Jumper? There are no SCD Police out there. I find myself not wanting sweets these days. I find that when I accidently stray off legal diet items, I don't feel well and I start asking myself what it's worth to not get sick when I get tempted or am hungry away from home. Bottom line is I like feeling well so much that I turn down SCD illegal stuff without a second thought. I served a dessert to my friends last week with frozen raspberries. My husband bought them. I read the package before serving and it actually had liquid sugar added. I didn't eat it and I explained to my friends that it just wasn't worth it for a little taste even. Go ahead and start the diet. Tell yourself that it's okay to cheat. I bet that once you start, you won't want to cheat and if I'm wrong, enjoy your chocolate but try to only eat the best so getting sick MIGHT be worth it..

Can I cheat once in a while?

Congratulations to you for wanting to take command of your health at your

age!

However, taking command means there's no one except yourself to blame if

things don't go the way you'd like.

Something to understand. When you do SCD, the objective is to starve out

the bad bacteria. When you continue to ingest illegals, you continue to

feed the bad bacteria in your gut. The weak sisters among them will die

out, leaving only the strongest and nastiest bacteria to reproduce. Which

means that it will be even harder to starve them out in order to

get well.

It may seem like the Fanatical Adherence Police are out in full force

when you correspond with other SCDers. There’s a very good reason

for this. They are. Because every single person who has, or is getting

well on SCD cares, and cares deeply about the thousands of people they

may never meet face to face, but with whom they share a common bond:

debilitating and humiliating illness which can, in most cases, be cured

by adherence to the diet.

Fanatical adherence doesn’t mean you have to grow your own almonds (the

almond flour from Lucy’s Kitchen Shop works nicely, thank you!), or grind

your own cinnamon (most individual herbs and spices are legal as

purchased; exercise extreme caution with any mixtures).

Fanatical Adherence does mean following exactly what the Breaking the

Vicious Cycle says, read labels. Trust no manufacturers unless they

provide proof in writing on their letterhead that their product adheres

to the guidelines.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Former <deep sigh> Chocoholic

Well, I got surgery in January, so I don't really have crohn's

anymore, well at the moment, so I tolerate everything :)

I heard something about brownies :o, How do you make them ?

xD, thanks

>

> Hey ,

>

> I started the diet almost 4 months ago with my three daughters and

husband. I am a huge candy fan, or i should say was! I have found a

ton of recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth and I tend to not crave the

regular sweets. Some of my favorite include honey taffy, grape jello,

pecan butter caramels, these are great later on when you can tolerate

raw apples, if you eat the two together it tastes like a caramel

apple. orange or lemon honey lollipops are a big favorite around

here. I also try to keep some carrot nut butter brownies on hand.

Surprisingly these have a chocolate taste resemblance. If you are

really looking for something special frost them with marshmallow

frosting.

>

> I hope this helps. Stay on the diet and don't cheat. I cheated

last week with bread and cheese and it took 3 days to feel better and

i am stil having problems 5 days later. It is not worth it.

>

> If you's like the recipes i posted them under a post about candy but

can repost if you'd like.

>

> ann

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: BTVC-SCD

> Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:30:42 PM

> Subject: Can I cheat once in a while?

>

>

> Hello, my name is Aboukalam and I am 15 years old.

> I started to read about the diet in July-August. I started my diet

> recently for my Crohn's disease. And I was wondering if I was aloud to

> cheat from time to time..? If so, how often and how little, and what

> could I have? I'm a huge fan of Chocolate, so it's quite hard for me

> to stay away from it, especially when your at high school and

> Halloween is coming :)

>

> Thanks

>

> -

>

At 03:55 PM 10/30/2008, you wrote: