Pep Boys and the like have it.

Regards.

Joe Frost, old gentleman, not old fart

Pre-op, San , TX

60 years old, BMI 48

Dr. Welker, Surgery Scheduled 11/29/00

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/Patients/Joe/joe.html

> Hi everyone-

> I was wondering, does anyone out there live in Michigan or know Dr.

Mustafa

> Hares? He does his surgeries at North Oakland Medical Center in

Pontiac,

> Michigan. I have never heard of this hospital. Also what is this

ozium

> stuff is and where can we get it?

> Thanks

> -Kathy Bazzi

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

I might have already sent this. I'm not going to go into as much detail as I just did in the last email I sent an hour ago.

My daughter is 13 and has celiac disease and has been gf since 12/06. She had extreme anxiety/ panic attacks before the diagnosis.

Everything started to happen again this summer,- over the top anxiety/panic and then stomach pains similar to 06 before her celiac diagnosis. We just found out through tests at a nutritionist that she has an overgrowth of d-lactate bacteria in her intestines and some food intolerances (to dairy, almonds, egg whites, pineapple and peanuts). She is on Paxil, b complex vitamins, probiotic, absorb-aid, and magnesium. We started the SCD a week and a half ago and really started eliminating the intolerances in the last few days. The dairy confuses me with the SCD because you can have butter, some cheeses and the homemade yogurt. Also, I find it hard to bake with just egg yolks and not the whites. So those are my only two gliches in the diet. Otherwise it's do-able since I'm used to cooking gf for her in the last few years.

My main question to you is this - have you dealt with anxiety/panic and the SCD helped you? She has not been to school this school year yet due to the anxiety/panic. Everything I read suggests a brain/bowel connection. And I do see it with her from 2 years ago. The GF diet helped her anxiety. So there has to be some connection. She's scared the diet will not help her anxiety. (She is seeing a therapist also). Please tell me if you think the diet will help her anxiety/panic attacks and if you think I'm on the right track. I need some encouragement.