Which were you tested for?

Fructose Malabsorbtion Or dietary fructose intolerance

Or Hereditary Fructose Intolerance?

Jodi

SCD 11 months

Crohn's/Colitis

> so if you suspect you may have this issue, GET TESTED and then

> consider the above information - do not act based on this posting alone

i have not been tested yet - i just put a call in to have this donei have had a lactulose hydrogen breath test for sibo which was positivein my case, all signs currently point to fructose/fodmap problem from the brain fog, dizziness, depression, anxiety, the whole shebang (this after 15 years of elimination diets, therapy and everything else under the sun)we shall see how the theory holds but so far, it's stickingthis is becoming off-topic, however the SCD was critical in getting me to this point if this is indeed my problembestspencerHey Spencer,Which were you tested for?Fructose Malabsorbtion Or dietary fructose intoleranceOr Hereditary Fructose Intolerance?JodiSCD 11 monthsCrohn's/Colitis> so if you suspect you may have this issue, GET TESTED and then > consider the above information - do not act based on this posting alone

> i have not been tested yet - i just put a call in to have this done

>

> i have had a lactulose hydrogen breath test for sibo which was

> positive

>

> in my case, all signs currently point to fructose/fodmap problem

> from the brain fog, dizziness, depression, anxiety, the whole

> shebang (this after 15 years of elimination diets, therapy and

> everything else under the sun)

>

> we shall see how the theory holds but so far, it's sticking

>

> this is becoming off-topic, however the SCD was critical in getting

> me to this point if this is indeed my problem

It's not off topic - we've discussed fructose and low fructose many

times this year.

Anyway, I think it helps to have a greater understanding of an area,

particularly as

problems repeat later on in other individuals.

Mara

mara thanks i didn't want to distract from the important primary issue that everyone's here forthat said, i amblown away by the well-documented psychological and physical impacts offructose/fructan/fodmap/carb malabsorption> i have not been tested yet - i just put a call in to have this done>> i have had a lactulose hydrogen breath test for sibo which was > positive>> in my case, all signs currently point to fructose/fodmap problem > from the brain fog, dizziness, depression, anxiety, the whole > shebang (this after 15 years of elimination diets, therapy and > everything else under the sun)>> we shall see how the theory holds but so far, it's sticking>> this is becoming off-topic, however the SCD was critical in getting > me to this point if this is indeed my problemIt's not off topic - we've discussed fructose and low fructose many times this year.Anyway, I think it helps to have a greater understanding of an area, particularly asproblems repeat later on in other individuals.Mara

I put the OT there as maybe some people would rather not read about

this and avoid the thread- it is however pertinent to many of us

starting out... I had -dramatic- improvements eliminating high

fructose fruits. very confused about the charts though. Can you

explain to me why there are so many discrepancies between the charts?

Thanks,

Jodi

SCD 11 months

Crohn's/Colitis

Dr wanted me to test for this too- but she feels the actual test will

make me sick hence we wait.

>

> mara thanks i didn't want to distract from the important primary issue

> that everyone's here for

>

> that said, i amblown away by the well-documented psychological and

> physical impacts of

> fructose/fructan/fodmap/carb malabsorption

i have not been tested yet - i just put a call in to have this done

What type of doctor do you call for this test? Is this something a conventional gastro would do or is it considered alternative medicine? My gastro has ordered me off all fruit and veggies so I don't know how I could ask him to test me for something he thinks I'm not eating. Would I need to find a homeopathic doc to order such tests? Thanks.

Ann,

Living in Italy

Undiagnosed Crohn's since 1977 Diagnosed 15 years

Sacroiliitis 25 years

Rheumatoid arthritis 25 years

Pyoderma Gangronosum 2 years

SCD since July, 2008

Meds: Tapering Prednisone for PG

so far i have not seen too many discrepancies - across the board they say apple, pear, honey, onion, artichoke, asparagus are the worst offendersit's best to take this stuff as a guide and not final word - but it's a damn good guidehere are some links i have found usefulhttp://www.allhealthsite.com/212/low-fructose-and-fructose-free-diet/http://www.allhealthsite.com/223/low-sugar-diet-or-fodmap-diet-helps-in-ibs-and-chrons-disease/#more-223http://nutrition.whatfoods.com/nutrition/analyze.do?nutrients=212 & group=0900 & sort=LHhttp://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_7_22/ai_n6170379/pg_2http://fructmal.googlepages.com/whatisI put the OT there as maybe some people would rather not read aboutthis and avoid the thread- it is however pertinent to many of usstarting out... I had -dramatic- improvements eliminating highfructose fruits. very confused about the charts though. Can youexplain to me why there are so many discrepancies between the charts?Thanks,JodiSCD 11 monthsCrohn's/ColitisDr wanted me to test for this too- but she feels the actual test willmake me sick hence we wait.>> mara thanks i didn't want to distract from the important primary issue > that everyone's here for> > that said, i amblown away by the well-documented psychological and > physical impacts of> fructose/fructan/fodmap/carb malabsorption

it is a conventional gastroenterology testit's called a fructose malabsorption breath testi have not been tested yet - i just put a call in to have this done What type of doctor do you call for this test? Is this something a conventional gastro would do or is it considered alternative medicine? My gastro has ordered me off all fruit and veggies so I don't know how I could ask him to test me for something he thinks I'm not eating. Would I need to find a homeopathic doc to order such tests? Thanks. Ann,Living in ItalyUndiagnosed Crohn's since 1977 Diagnosed 15 yearsSacroiliitis 25 yearsRheumatoid arthritis 25 yearsPyoderma Gangronosum 2 yearsSCD since July, 2008Meds: Tapering Prednisone for PG

Thanks Spencer

I am also on the SCD for the anxiety/depression issues (as well

as bodily symptoms from sore throats to rashes etc from food sensitivities). I

only started the diet a few weeks ago and am still having trouble with all my symptoms

– this fructose issue might just been the key for me – so thanks to

all those that have shared articles and stories!!!

Adelaide Australia

SCD 3 weeks