RemedySpot.com

Weird yogurt with Yogurmet's powder ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all;                My question wasn't answered last week, so I'm trying again this week.                 I made, two weeks ago, my SCD yogurt. It was the first time that I was using the Yogurmet's powder as a starter. I followed every steps, and the result, 24 hours later, was...well..not what I thought.                My yogurt was compact and heavy. And looked more like cottage cheese than my normal SCD yogurt. Really not mouth watering like the ones I was making with a good quality yogurt as a starter (Danone's Naturalia). I didn't had the courage to taste it at all.                My question is this: was my yogurt

good? Is it "normal" that the yogurt made with Yogurmet's powder to be more stiff? Solid?                                   Have a nice day;                     Rowanfae Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!Rowanfae

>About the heavy yogurt made w/ Yogourmet powder:

I have only made it with that powder and love it! Did you stir it after

the 8 hours in the fridge? I find it is thick and heavy until I stir it

thoroughly and then it is smoother. I also pour the cooled milk through

a fine sieve into the container with the powder and catch all the skins

and 'yukkies' I think the taste and texture is great and have never had

a problem with it.

Terry

UC diagnosed June 2008

Lialda 2 tabs daily

SCD on and off since July 2008

Probably people are not exactly sure what to tell you. In general, it should not look lumpy like cottage cheese, although it mighthave some lumps in it. It should be thick though - at least onceit is refrigerated. Did you make cow or goat milk? Goat milk alwayscomes out runny, unless you add some cow milk or half andhalf to it. I don't know why it should come out more solid thandannon however. It will, however, definitely taste more tart. Mara Hello all; My question wasn't answered last week, so I'm trying again this week. I made, two weeks ago, my SCD yogurt. It was the first time that I was using the Yogurmet's powder as a starter. I followed every steps, and the result, 24 hours later, was...well..not what I thought. My yogurt was compact and heavy. And looked more like cottage cheese than my normal SCD yogurt. Really not mouth watering like the ones I was making with a good quality yogurt as a starter (Danone's Naturalia). I didn't had the courage to taste it at all. My question is this: was my yogurt good? Is it "normal" that the yogurt made with Yogurmet's powder to be more stiff? Solid? Have a nice day; Rowanfae Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!Rowanfae

Is it " normal "

that the yogurt made with Yogurmet's powder to be more stiff? Solid?

What kind of milk were you using? Higher fat milks tend to be firmer.

Also, cow's milk yogurt will be firmer than goat's milk.

Marilyn

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001

Darn Good SCD Cook

No Human Children

Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Hello all;             Thanks for writing. I'm using goat milk, when I do my SCD yogurt. I'm very lactose intolerant, and goat milk products do very well with me. I even prefer it!              I'm beginning

to think that my goat milk wasn't that good when I did that batch of yogurt. This could explain the weird texture. I think that I will have to try it again, to see if I have the same result... Practice makes it perfect, after all!               Thanks again, and have a nice day!                   Rowanfae Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!Rowanfae