RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: anxiety and SCD & food sensitivities -- was (no subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I can speak to a lessening of panic/anxiety attacks the longer I've been on SCD. The day my upper GI dysfunctions started is the day I began to have severe panic/anxiety attacks, and my occasional mild claustrophobia became more severe and more frequent. My digestive disorders have a neurological cause, and I continue to develop new neurological conditions, so it's not surprising that I also experience anxiety attacks as well. Definitely a brain-gut-blood connection at work.

I have been on SCD for more than 5 years, and last year that I realized I wasn't taking Xanax (for anxiety attacks) every day as I had been doing. Now it's about twice a week, sometimes less. My anxiety attacks seem to be connected to adrenalin issues as well, so I get my cortisol levels checked regularly, at my doctors' request. My blood sugar crashes also can trigger anxiety attacks, per my doctors, so I'm also working on keeping my metabolism functioning more smoothly. What I eat and when plays a big role in this.

I attribute the improvement to being on SCD and off of all synthetic chemical additives. So while my anxiety attacks aren't as overwhelming or occurring as frequently, thanks to SCD, I haven't improved 100% either because of my neurological deterioration, or my age, or both. But I'm happy with the improvement.

SCD has, however, really improved my food sensitivities. When I started SCD my body reacted allergically to nearly everything I put in my mouth, due to a systemic candida overgrowth along with a terrible gut ecology. After a year on SCD most of my food sensitivities had disappeared, with the exception of dairy. My body just won't tolerate yogurt or cheeses, but it does tolerate butter in small amounts. I tend to use olive oil for most of my cooking and baking; works fine as a substitute for butter if you find your daughter just can't handle it.

Keep asking questions. We're all happy to share information.

Kim M.

SCD 5 years

Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction & other upper GI malfunctions 5+ years

neurological issues 2+ years

>>>>>>>>>>>

My main question to you is this - have you dealt with anxiety/panic and the SCD helped you?