RemedySpot.com

New (again) to group - daughter with UC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I just rejoined the list after taking a break. I had considered SCD for my daughter last year, but then decided to give the traditional medicines a chance first. Well, I am back on the list and revisiting SCD as my daughter will be 4 in October and has yet to have a reprieve from her Ulcerative Colitis symptoms. At her tender age, she has been through the gamut of drugs that are available to her, including Remicade (her 5th infusion was mid-August). We are seeing no response or improvement in her symptoms. She was on prednisone for the better part of the year, and has finally weaned off it. It did provide some relief in symptoms while she was on it, but everyone agreed it was time for her to be off. Even with the extremely careful, slow weaning...her

symptoms still increased as she was weaned.

It has been a difficult pill for me to swallow that there is nothing that the medical community can do to help my little girl...the traditional treatments are pretty much expended....short of surgery, which I am not ready to consider. I have discussed with my husband he's in agreement that we need to give this (SCD) a concerted effort in our household. My goal is to start on the intro next Monday or maybe as early as next weekend. I know I need to start her on the intro for 2-5 days max...then add foods one at a time, using the chart as a guideline for when to introduce foods....correct?

Any tips or suggestions would be more than welcome!

In our household, there is my daughter, 3, my son who is 6, me and my husband. Any tips for getting ready, making the transition easier, good things to eat for the first days, weeks, etc? I have read BTVC and I do have several of the cookbooks I bought a while back from one of the sites I heard about on one of the lists, but I'm a little overwhelmed. I just want to make this as stress-free as possible.

Thanks!