RemedySpot.com

cleaning tips help wanted

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Anyone have suggestions on how to clean the inside of a microwave

with non-mainstream chemical cleaners?

Also, the metal insides of a crockpot - once you lift out the pot and

there is some discoloration on the metal?

TIA,

Mara

Hi Mara

This is the way I've been cleaning my microwave now for awhile and I love it. I take 1-2 lemons (depending how badly it needs to be cleaned) and cut them into quarters and place them in a bowl with water. I microwave them on high for 1-2 minutes. This softens up all the splatters and then I just wipe the whole inside with a damp cloth. Sometimes I repeat the process if I've left it too long. No chemicals plus a nice lemon smell throughout your kitchen.

Deanna Roswell

UC since 2004

SCD started Feb 2008, remission for the past 2 months!

To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:10:52 PMSubject: cleaning tips help wanted

Anyone have suggestions on how to clean the inside of a microwavewith non-mainstream chemical cleaners?Also, the metal insides of a crockpot - once you lift out the pot andthere is some discoloration on the metal?TIA,Mara

Get the name you've always wanted ! @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com.

Thanks Deanna. That's really helpful. MaraHi MaraThis is the way I've been cleaning my microwave now for awhile and I love it. I take 1-2 lemons (depending how badly it needs to be cleaned) and cut them into quarters and place them in a bowl with water. I microwave them on high for 1-2 minutes. This softens up all the splatters and then I just wipe the whole inside with a damp cloth. Sometimes I repeat the process if I've left it too long. No chemicals plus a nice lemon smell throughout your kitchen. Deanna RoswellUC since 2004SCD started Feb 2008, remission for the past 2 months!To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Saturday, November 1, 2008 7:10:52 PMSubject: cleaning tips help wantedAnyone have suggestions on how to clean the inside of a microwavewith non-mainstream chemical cleaners?Also, the metal insides of a crockpot - once you lift out the pot andthere is some discoloration on the metal?TIA,MaraGet the name you've always wanted ! @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com.

Hello;           It's very easy to clean our home "chemical-free". To clean most of the things in our house, you can simply use clear water, vinegar and a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil. This is what I use most of the time. Even for the micro-wave. It is safe and very effective. You can use Lavender essential oil too, if Tea Tree have a too strong smell for you. But I like this smell of Tea Tree (smell fresh and clean!).           There is also another simple way to clean around. If you have borax and washing soda (arm and hammer natural laundry powder), you can add a teaspoon in a bottle of hot water. Stir, wait a few minutes for the water to be warm, and pour in a "pich-bottle". With a drop of

non-phosphate soap, you are ready to clean almost everything!             The easiest way to clean chemical-free could be to buy cleaning products in a natural and organic foods shop. Bio-Green, 7th Generation, Essentials, Healthy Choices...there are so much options today. Be sure to buy the "real" green stuffs. Many company are saying that "now we are green", but it is not true. In my opinion, I buy from "small companies" that are following their own paths since many years (like 7th Generation and Essentials). And I'm buying my stuffs at my Natural Foods shop. And...of course, I also make my own stuffs!             Hope this help. I have many recipes, if you want them. Just let me know and I will send them to you.                   Rowanfae Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of

course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!Rowanfae