RemedySpot.com

re: depression/anxiety/SCD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yeah, for sure...I remember my first posts to this (or another?) list back in December. Oy, was I overwhelmed! I think I cried while typing every post, *begging* members to make sense of things for me. Couldn't figure out the damn yogurt :)I finally had to develop my own "intro to the intro", as someone on the GAPS list recently related, and start there. In January I got my son going 100%. But it took me 'til June to go 100% myself!On top of the usual learning curve that all of us here went through, I had also been vegetarian and vegan for over 20 years. Emotionally and psychologically, the transition to meat about ripped me apart. So yeah, I can totally relate to the emotional aspect of shifting diets, too.Slowly but surely we get there :) And don't worry

--the goodies will return! When I finally got the hang of and taste for SCD treats, oh, did I become a happy camper! Take care, . We're all with you.BadenPart of the problem

is the stress that all this change is bringing!! I love good food and I

love to cook and so it has been more than just changing what I am eating, there

is an emotional letting go of that special part of my life too… LOL.__

Yeah, for sure...I remember my first posts to this (or another?) list back in December. Oy, was I overwhelmed! I think I cried while typing every post, *begging* members to make sense of things for me. Couldn't figure out the damn yogurt :)I finally had to develop my own "intro to the intro", as someone on the GAPS list recently related, and start there. In January I got my son going 100%. But it took me 'til June to go 100% myself!On top of the usual learning curve that all of us here went through, I had also been vegetarian and vegan for over 20 years. Emotionally and psychologically, the transition to meat about ripped me apart. So yeah, I can totally relate to the emotional aspect of shifting diets, too.Slowly but surely we get there :) And don't worry --the goodies will return! When I finally got the hang of and taste for SCD treats, oh, did I become a happy camper! Take care, . We're all with you.BadenPart of the problem is the stress that all this change is bringing!! I love good food and I love to cook and so it has been more than just changing what I am eating, there is an emotional letting go of that special part of my life too… LOL.Once you are further along - you are going to be eating great, great food. I don't think anyof the pre-SCD cooks on this list have any problems over that reason. In my case, Ifound my taste changing somewhat - clarifying almost - and I started cooking differentthings - and became more interested in fresher and higher quality meats and produce. Plus, you will be cooking a lot. None of the people I've invited have complained at a thing that I've served them. Mara