RemedySpot.com

Very OT: Re: The Maker's Diet???- OT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This made me laugh Mara not sure about them disassociating themselvesdue to sprouting practices, I sure can't see how that wouldn't bekosher LOL..I don't know about Jordan Rubin and such, I do know he is a Jew forJesus. Hmm. That makes sense. At various points in the book, he seemedto imply that he was Jewish and then not. Which was a bit cagey. Anyway, there are a couple of "Essene Gospels" in itexpressing -what we think- today of as "Essene Bread". I spent about an hour plus last night researching those "gospels".AFAICT, they are not legitimate parts of the Essene canon, to theextent that we have one. And the method of baking bread is notmentioned in either phus or Philo. And neither do notedDead Sea Scrolls scholars make reference to it even when discussing bread and dinner rituals. So they seem to be pseudepigraphical. Later writings promulgatedin the name of a person or a community whose authority you aretrying to cloak yourself in. Here's a citation I found this morning confirming that:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essenes#Contemporary_ancient_sources...Dr. Edmund Bordeaux Szekely [who discovered and translated those gospels] is another modern pseudo-Essene. These individuals assert that the Essene teachings had been hidden and assimilated into many mystical spiritual traditions around the world, where the teachings were hidden within ancient libraries. It was in 1928 that Edmond Bordeaux Szekely first published his translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace, a manuscript allegedly discovered in the Secret Archives of the Vatican and in old Slavonic in the Royal Library of the Habsburgs of which much was destroyed by a fire that destroyed the monastery that stood in its place. (now the property of the Austrian government) However, subsequent investigations into the claims of these individuals produced nothing to substantiate their stories. Biblical scholars don't consider the Szekely or Ousely writings as authentic.Currently there are several modern Essene Groups around the world...._______So, in this case, they are very late fakes.The Essenesdid not put the bread in the sun which would "bake" it which leadssome people to believe the Essenes were raw foodists.. A leap much,perhaps? This is inspiration for many diet fads.. Yeah, well, a fad based on a fake. Sounds about right. "The Makers Diet" implies that exactly- with cleaver marketing thatwhat he put together is what Yaweh intended us to eat.Meanwhile he got ideas from all over the place and put a cleaver stampon it..Mara