RemedySpot.com

Help! - measles booster question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear list,

I am 43 years old and have gone back to graduate school. I have been officially diagnosed with UC and have been very successfully recovering with SCD. My school is requiring me to get a measles booster. I may vent about the ridiculous and arbitrary nature of this requirement later, but at the moment I am wondering if any of you have thoughts about me getting the measles vaccine? Could a measles vaccination at this delicate point in my digestive system bring on complications?

In the world of autism, I know that there have been famous allegations that the measles vaccine has caused autism -- and I believe the theory is that the vaccine becomes implanted in the gut, bringing on the leaky gut syndrome that affects children's brains causing autism. That particular study is not highly regarded in the scientific community at the moment, mostly I assume because of the link between a vaccine and autism. But is there scientific evidence out there that the measles vaccine can damage one's digestive system? Normally, I wouldn't mind taking the vaccine, and generally I support most vaccines, but I've suffered too much in the last year with UC to deliberately do something that might make it worse! Any information anyone has about this would be MOST helpful. I have to get the vaccine this week, if I don't decide to fight it instead.

Ann

UC, SCD since 03/30/2008