RemedySpot.com

Re: green tomatoes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just picked up some pecan meal in order to fry up some green tomatoes. I hope they are legal.So does anyone have a recipe for tomato pickles? [Lou - are you around?]I imagine that doing anything else with green tomatoes is not legal, right, seeing as they are not all the way ripe?Mara

Well, if they are, I hope you'll share the recipe. ;->Mara I just picked up some pecan meal in order to fry up some green tomatoes. I hope they are legal.So does anyone have a recipe for tomato pickles? [Lou - are you around?]I imagine that doing anything else with green tomatoes is not legal, right, seeing as they are not all the way ripe?Mara

I've never made them with pecan meal - I was hoping to try it out. Pre-SCD I made them with flour or corn meal. They are easy and have an amazing flavor you would never expect - tart and sweet at the same time. You slice the tomatoes, dip them in egg, roll them in the meal, and fry them until golden brown (assuming pecan meal turns golden brown). I hope they are legal because now I'm really hungary.HarveyCrohns 12 years SCD 5 monthsMed free and doing very wellWell, if they are, I hope you'll share the recipe. ;->MaraI just picked up some pecan meal in order to fry up some green tomatoes. I hope they are legal.So does anyone have a recipe for tomato pickles? [Lou - are you around?]I imagine that doing anything else with green tomatoes is not legal, right, seeing as they are not all the way ripe?Mara