RemedySpot.com

Pecan Butter Brownies by another name, was Re: Butter Pecan Satin - Marilyn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kim. I tweaked the pecan butter brownie recipe and posted it here awhile ago. Here it is again.

* Exported from MasterCook * Pecan-Honey Squares for Specific Carbohydrate Diet

Recipe By : adapted from recipe for nut butter brownies by BevServing Size : 16 Preparation Time 1:00Categories : Baked Goods Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method-------- ------------ -------------------------------- 1/2 pound pecans -- raw 1/2 cup honey -- pasteurized (SCD) 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 large egg 1/4 cup pecans -- coarsely chopped (optional)1. Preheat oven to 340 F.2. Line an 9"x9" metal baking pan or an 11"x7" (or close approximation) glass baking dish with parchment paper.3. Measure 1/2 pound raw pecans into powerful food processor. Process nutsuntil they develop the texture of nut butter.4. Add honey, baking soda, and egg to the food processor, and mix well.5. Transfer mixture to baking pan. Fold in chopped pecan pieces if using.6. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until baked thoroughly to brown, but beforeburning can occur. Test for doneness with a toothpick, a metal tester, or ametal skewer. Optimal baking time will depend on the type of oven used. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -NOTES :1. Bev's recipe at www.pecanbread.com suggests using an 8" x 8" squarebaking pan. My square baking pan is 9" x 9".However, the batter tends tobake higher at the edges than in the middle, and to burn at the edges.I experimented with using a glass baking dish, and the result is more level and not burned.Additional Notes:2. I changed the name from Nut Butter Brownies, after my husband and otherpeople not on SCD who ate some of these protested that squares that don'tcontain chocolate could not possibly be called "brownies."3. 1/2 pound raw pecans, when ground to a butter, has a volume of about 1cup. I have not been able to find manufactured pecan butter in stores, butraw pecans are sold in bulk in many locations. To grind pecans into pecanbutter, keep processing after the nuts are ground into flour. Eventually, the oil in the pecans is released, at which stage pecan butter is formed.4. I have not tried toasting the pecans before processing them, as the rawpecan butter seems to work well in this recipe.5. I added the optional chopped pecan pieces, partly in order to warn people that this recipe contains nuts.Below is the original recipe for Nut Butter Brownies, from www.pecanbread.comIngredients:1 cup of SCD-legal almond butter 1/2 cup pasteurized honey1/2 teaspoon baking soda1 large eggDirections:Preheat oven to 350 F.Mix ingredients thoroughly.Line an 8" square baking dish with parchment paper, or else butter theinterior of the dish well.Transfer mixed ingredients to the baking dish, and bake for 25-30 minutes.Remove from oven when the brownies are "nicely browned" (author's words).The original version of the recipe was posted by Bev at www.pecanbread.com.Regards, Ellen

SCD about 8 months

Butter Pecan Satin - Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,I was looking through the archives for a Pecan Butter Brownie recipe. I know there's one on the Pecanbread site but it seems like I remember someone had tweaked it....could be loosing my mind though because I haven't found that post yet. Anyway, I saw posts from you about your Butter Pecan Satin. That sounds great. Would you mind posting the recipe?Thanks,Kim H.