empty.

I told her to stay away from sugar and starches for a couple of weeks

which she has to no avail.

It's so painful she is considering seeing a G.I. but afraid of more

antibiotics.

Does this sound familiar to anyone ?

CD - 3 years

SCD 2.5 years

I have upper GI dysfunctions, and part of that is getting stomach cramps and nausea when my stomach is empty, even before I start feeling hungry. I was told it's part of having upper GI malfunctions (Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, which includes biliary dyskinesia in both common and pancreatic ducts). As a result I eat small meals throughout the day, so my stomach is moderately working throughout the day. I'm in another support group for people with SOD and chronic pancreatitis, and we all have the same issue -- stomach cramps and increased nausea when our stomachs empty out.

Of course I get hit with abdominal pain and nausea at 2 am to 5 am, when my stomach is empty, but I tend to just ignore it; the nausea is bad enough I can't think of eating or drinking anyway. I also get some other symptoms at 3 am too, usually signs of hypoglycemia and some other endocrinological shifts -- but that's another story.

I would guess that your friend has had her digestive system thrown out of whack by the antibiotics followed by the heavy-duty probiotics. Maybe even developed some more serious damage. Has she been tested for H. pylori, or other bacterial overgrowths? She might find being on SCD for a year or two helps. But I'd also suggest that she see her doctors and have her upper GI checked out. At least get an endoscopy, to make sure there is no ulcerations in her stomach. I've had my upper GI thoroughly scanned and scrutinized, so I can trust that my problems are due to having SOD.

Kim M.

SCD 5 years

>>>>>>>>>>>

I need some help - I have a friend whoafter 2 consective courses of large dose antibiotics (for spider bite and dental) took primal defense and biokult probiotics at the advice of her N.D.. but is now experiencing awful stomach cramping - obut only when her stomach is empty. I told her to stay away from sugar and starches for a couple of weeks which she has to no avail.