RemedySpot.com

Re: Fwd: A few questions - re-post

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Gail,What is she tolerating? With her being only being on day 2 of the intro and the intro being so specific, it's hard to suggest things. Are you looking for after intro suggestions?Is she eating the chicken soup and is it agreeing with her? You could send some of that in a thermos for her. Here are some things that my husband takes for lunch that don't have to be microwaved,He uses crepes as sandwich wraps (recipe from the Grain Free Gourmet BL & D cookbook) and I make different things so he's not eating the same kind

of sandwich everyday.

Here is a list of his usuals...

PB & J

tuna salad

egg salad

pulled pork

bacon and tomato

You could also do chicken salad, homemade roast beef, etc. etc.

Whatever type of sandwich she liked before, you could probably make

something close to it.

If she doesn't like the crepes or the wrap idea, you could do souffle bread. The recipe is at,

http://uclbs.org/recipes/bmc/soufflebread.phpTo go with the sandwiches for a chip type thing, you could make

her some cheese crisps (cheese lace) or she could have pork rinds if

she likes those.And you could pack a small cup of cooked fruit (peaches, apples, etc....whatever she likes and tolerates) or a banana.

Aside from sandwiches, you could make her some crackers and she

could have them with cheese or tuna or egg salad. Marilyn makes

roll-ups with prosciutto and provolone cheese. She could have those and

some fruit.

Of course, she would need an insulated lunch kit with blue ice to keep things cold but that's it....no microwave.Most of this is after intro stuff and will depend on what she tolerates. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not.Take care,Kim H.husband, , CD 1999SCD 2002To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:08:34 PMSubject: Fwd: A few questions - re-post

Hello, I posted this earlier today and don't see any responses. I'm not trying to be pushy but am completely desperate for lunch ideas. We are on day 2 of the intro diet. My daughter is kind of freaking out a bit. Her thinking is since food makes her sick she just won't eat at school so she doesn't have to be the girl running to the bathroom.

Help! I need lunch ideas.Gail---------- Forwarded message ----------From: ezuskin <gzuskingmail (DOT) com>

Date: Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 7:40 AMSubject: A few questionsTo: BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.comHello, I have been reading along here for the past month or so

thinking my daughter might not need to do this program. That concept

has changed and I am ready to try anything to help her get her teenage

life back and help her to put her Crohns into remission.

Immediate needs are lunch ideas for school and a recommendation for

which yogurt maker you like the best.

We've had a rough few days and reading along has helped me to maintain

some sense of sanity.

Thank-you,

Gail

------------ --------- --------- ------