RemedySpot.com

halloween candy and treats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i sent this the other day but am resending for all of you who may have missed it.

ann

----- Forwarded Message ----To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:12:07 PMSubject: Re: scd/candy help

Honey Lollies

1/4 cup water

1 cup honey

1/2 t cider vinegar

20 drops essential oil of orange or lemon

Grease two cookie sheets with oil and line sucker sticks up about 3 inches part. This makes approx. 25 lollies.

boil all except wssential oil until hard ball stage on a candy thermometer. You can also have a cup of cold water ready and test for hard ball stage by dropping a bit in the water. If it forms a ball in your fingers, it's ready. remove from heat and add oil flavoring.

Drop by teaspoons on the sucker sticks. Put in fridge or freezer to set. remove carefully from pans.

To store put between waxed paper and put in a storage bag or container. They get sft once out of ridge too long. These are delicious and my 11, 6, and 5 yo daughters went bonkers over them. I have to admit so did I. We are all on SCD so it was a real treat.

Honey Taffy

2 cups honey

20 - 30 drops of essentail oil

Grease jelly roll pan and counter tops with oil.

Boil honey until soft ball stage. Add oil and put in a greased pan. Allow to set for 3-5 minutes. Working quickly, pull out a handful of the honey mixture and begin stretching and pulling it like salt water taffy. It turns a light glden color after being pulled long enough. It wll feel like you have been doing this forever but the end result is awesome.

Cut into bite sixed pieces and wrap in waxed paper cut into squares.

Pecan/Almond Caramels

1 cup pecan butter

1 cup honey

4 T butter or coconut oil

1 t cinnamon

1 t vanilla

dash salt

Mix all ingredients in a pan and wisk over med high heat until it thickens and resembles caramel. Pour into a pan and refridgerate fro 10 minutes. Cut into squares and eat.

I sometimes add chopped pecans to it to give it some texture. We prefer the pecan butter because it reminds us of prailines. We live in the south!!

Carrot Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting

1 cup pecan butter

1/2 cup honey

1 egg

1/2 cup cooked and pureed carrots

1 t baking soda

Mix all ingredients together and pour into cupcake papers. bake at 375 for 15 - 20 min. Let cool.

I double or triple this recipe. It doesn't make much.

Marshallow Frosting

2 egg whites

1 cup honey

1 t cider vinegar

1 t vanilla

Put all ingredients into a glass or stainless steel bowl except vanilla. Place bowl over a hot water bath on the stove top. With a hand mixer beat at high speed for about 7 -8 min. It will form stiff peaks when done.

I like to put a towel over m hand mixer so it doesn't splatter everywhere.

Allow to cool and pipe or frost cupcakes.

This makes a lot of frosting, we like to put it in the fridge over night uncovered and the next day it is just like marshmallow fluff fom a jar. Yummy!

Grape Juice Jello is on the Pecanbread.com website.

Hope you all enjoy these as much as we have.

Ann

To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:49:46 AMSubject: Re: scd/candy help

Yes please.

we are having an SCD haloween party. we've invited a few friends and are making our oun honey lollipops, pecan caramels, grape juice jello, honey taffy, spiced apple cider and carrot cupcakes with marshmallow frosting. i figured this would win out over junky candy anyday. if you'd like recipes let me know.

ann

From: J.H. <flowers4me7@ gmail.com>To: BTVC-SCD <BTVC-SCD@yahoogroup s.com>; scdrecipe_creators- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com; scdinfo@yahoogroups .comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:33:02 AMSubject: scd/candy help

if the child is older then what my child did was go trick or treating, but that he could not eat the candy. When he came home or we brought him home, I would buy the candy from him $20 for the whole bag. I figure it was worth it, saved my child from the candy and the trip to the dentist and he was able to have fun with it and then go buy a toy which he wanted. So it is a win win-- JHscd 4 yearscdhttp://www.glutenfr eeeugene. org/xl2/scd. html