RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Die Off - 3 plus months

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My other thought was it could be the excipients (inactive ingredients used to manufacture the pills/tablets) in the Celexa. Call the manufacturer and ask what else is in Celexa and that might be triggering your flare.( I often wonder about that in my Lialda)

Terry

UC dx'ed June2008

Lialda

Re: Die Off - 3 plus months

>> I have had a miserable couple of weeks. I don't know if I have a die off or problems from Celexa which I have been taking for about 3 weeks now. My internist said this is not a symptom of Celexa. I have very urgent d several times a day and some indigestion. It makes it very difficult at work. This weekend I had visitors and I couldn't even go out for a walk or to dinner with them for fear of what might happen. I am thinking of staying home for Thanksgiving also for same fear. > > I've been so good on this diet for over 3 months now and right now I am so depressed. Please let me know if you think this could be a die off and how long will it last. It sounds like it is probably the 3 month flare, which consists of moving backwards and reversing progress for a certain period of time. What seems to trigger it is that all the easy to kill bacteria has died off, and in the interim, some other bacterium/a starts to become aggressive and starts a new round of inflammation, so once again you have to balance out your gut ecology. It's typical for UC people. What you should do is go back to basics - the intro diet and whatever food is really easy digestively for you. It may help to reduce honey and other fructose for a while. (grapes/pears/dates, etc.) Or if you have other trigger foods, get off them. Mara

My flares go away faster on SCD than they ever did with the medication. I flare more frequently now (I assume because I now have developed some food sensitivities - or discovered ones that were masked by the medication) but much milder and it's very self satisfying to "ride them out" without any medication and it's side effects. I feel in control now.HarveyCrohns 12 yearsSCD 6 monthsMed freeThe whole three month flair has got me thinking.  I came off Prednisone (was on for a little of two months in a taper, starting out at 60 mg).  I had a really bad UC attack late July and the UC was diagnosed as moderate to severe.  I have now been on SCD four months and no real flare.  When I came of the Prednisone, I decided to not take mait meds (mainly because I don't think they ever worked - I used Asacol and am allergic to Asulphasone - and also because both have illegal binders in them.)  I have tow questions - do people take meds when these healing flares occur or just ride them out?  If I go to the doctor with a flare he wants to put me on immune suppresors so I am just trying to see if/when I get a flare how long I should I try and self manage before I seek medical attention.  Is it normal to not have had a healing flare as of yet at four months?