RemedySpot.com

Re: butter pecan satin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am delighted to have this recipe!! I've been wondering about it for a long time. But is it really made with uncooked eggs? Am I just paranoid to be concerned about salmanela? Also, has anyone tried it with almond butter rather than pecan butter? I don't know of anyplace locally that sells pecan butter. Actually I order my almond butter on the internet, so I guess I could look for pecanbutter there too.

Thanks!!

Ann (from Iowa)

10b. Re: Butter Pecan Satin - Marilyn Posted by: " kplatt@... " kplatt@... bluetulip53 Date: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:00 pm ((PST))

Here's Marilyn's recipe. Katy

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Butter-Pecan Satin (LSCDL Recipe)

1 firmly packed cup pecan flour2 sticks butter, melted1/2 cup honey2 jumbo eggs, extra fresh

Place pecan flour, butter, and honey in the bowl of a food processor. With the metal blade, whip vigorously until the mixture makes a fairly stiff pecan butter. Add both eggs and process until mixture is smooth and satiny. Depending on how moist the pecan flour is, you may have a small amount of remaining graininess.

Divide mixture up into four four-ounce snap top containers and refrigerate until completely cold. Makes a marvelously rich snack when you really want something sweet and satisfying, yet each serving only has 2 tablespoons of honey.

Variation: use 1 12-16 ounce jar pecan butter in lieu of 1 firmly packed cup pecan flour (about six ounces). Mixture will be smoother, and a little softer.

Variation: Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop balls of BPS two inches apart on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake at 300F for 25-30 minutes or until surface is lightly browned and / or slightly dry to the touch. (The cookie should not be hard-baked.) Remove from oven, and allow to cool. Makes a moist, chewy cookie reminiscent of a molasses cookie.

— Marilyn