RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:My Daughter/ Supplements

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here are the supplement companies:

Gillham's Natural Vitality - Kids Calm formula (for magnesium)

Endotrex neurotransmitter support from NeuroScience, Inc. (spray for anxiety)

Biotics Research Corp.-Liquid Iodine Forte (iodine)

Biotics " " - L-Glutamine (L-glutamine)

Laboratories- Inositol

AbsorbAid manufactured by Nature's Sources LLC

Integrative Therapeutics, Inc. - Berberine Complex

Paxil - Paroxetine ER 12.5 MG tablets (I get them from Walgreens)

Biogenesis Nutraceuticals - UltraGenesis without iron or copper- comprehensive multiple vitamin

Allergy Research Corp. - Saccharomyces boulardii (probiotic)

Well, obviously, the ones that are illegal are:

Magnesium

Endotrex spray

Inositol

Absorbaid

Berberine

Multiple vitamin

So hopefully, the ones that are ok are the iodine drops and the probiotic and the Paxil and the L-Glutamine.

So please answer me from last night. Do you think the by being on these supplements for months while on the diet is the reason Rach never felt like the diet has helped? And why she still has the anxiety since I know her anxiety is gut related? And is it just that we have slowed progress but it wasn't useless for 3 months being on the diet? Just wondered what you think.

To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 6:48:34 AMSubject: Re:My Daughter/ Supplements

Hi Marla,Many many red flags...If I miss any please point it out!!>> I know you just gave me websites. But I just wrote down theingredients in some of the supplements so here they are:> Magnesium:> Magnesium citrate, magnesium ascorbate, zinc, stevia, natural orangeflavor*Not sure about the _magnesium ascorbate_ as that has vitamin C in it?and not sure what they buffer the C with? So that is questionable butI could be totally worng!*_Stevia_ is illegal*_natural orange flavor_ is totally questionable- is this made fromconcentrate? What is this? > berberine:> barberry bark of root extract, oregon grape root extract,goldenseal-root and rhizone extract -

alkaloids including berberine,hydrastine and canadine, veget. polysaccharide capsule, cellulose,magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide.*barks and roots are illegal*_polysaccharide_ capsule- totally illegal* we also have to be careful of many herbs> multiple vitamin without iron or copper:> other ingred: cellulose, silica, stearic acid, rice flour. containssoybean oil.*rice flour is illegal*soybean oil is illegal> probiotic:> hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, cellulose, magnesium stearateWhich bacteria is the probiotic?Is this the S Boulardii you were talking about?> and PaxilElaine said that when we need to take prescription meds we should takethem. If you are super concerned with the illegals in this you canalways get it compounded to be SCD compliant if you can afford it. Iam unsure of the cost difference with your insurance

etc..> and the Endotrex spray (neurotransmitter) :> water, fructose, hydroxylated lecithin, potassium sorbate, citricacid. contains lecithin from soy*fructose is illegalFrom what I read briefly the Endotrex is Theanine (which I would liketo take myself) it helps with stress and is calming.. I think thereare legal versions of Theanine.*hydroxylated lecithin is a red flag for me, not sure about this?> inositol:> cellulose, gelatin, veget. stearate*Not sure what they mean about vegetarian stearate?> L-Glutamine:> gelatin, water, glycerin*This appears legal;L-Glutamine is a tricky one. Some people do really well on it andothers don't. There is literature out there that it iscontra-indicative with Crohn's. But then there are some Crohn'speople who do well with it. I think if you are considering this- youshould only take something like

this when the D has cleared up and sheis feeling much better!You need to post the brand and a link! To make sure it is legal.> iodine drops:> citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate*This 'looks' ok.When looking into whether a supplement is legal it is best to alsotype the name of supplement and a link- as perhaps you missedsomething. So what I told you now is more like in general but to giveus a better clue listing the brand name and link is important.JodiSCD 14 monthsCrohn's/Colitis