RemedySpot.com

Hello!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 10 months later...

Tara: Congratulations on your upcoming new life! That is so wonderful to hear. I and I'm sure I speak for all of us here, am so glad you are here, welcome. Love, Darlene

I understand completely having to put yourself on display and beg

for medical treatment. I put up with that crap only so far before I

got a lawyer. Good luck in Spain, I have heard very good things about

Dr. B.

Teri

Thank you for the kind words Darlene!

Tara

Re: Hello!

Tara: Congratulations on your upcoming new life! That is so wonderful to hear. I and I'm sure I speak for all of us here, am so glad you are here, welcome. Love, Darlene

Teri:

Thanks for the encouragement, hope all is well with you.

Tara

> I understand completely having to put yourself on display and beg

> for medical treatment. I put up with that crap only so far before I

> got a lawyer. Good luck in Spain, I have heard very good things about

> Dr. B.

>

> Teri

>

>

>

>

Hi I am a member of this list, and I received a virus from this email you sent to the list??? Just wanted you to know and make sure to run a virus scan on your computer because you could have it and not know.

Crissy Wagner

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Jane,

welcome to the list! Although you have a sad reason to join us, we

will try to help you through this hard time. And yep, there are a few

members here, who were pregnant when they got the news about CF in one

of their kids. I can easily imagine how stressful this is for you.

If the DNA analysis doesn't show another CF gene, but you still are

afraid that your daughter might have CF, ask your docs for a NPD

testing. I am not sure from what age on they offer this test, but here

in Germany they have improved this test and it is now available for

toddlers too.

Bye

Torsten, dad of Fiona 4wcf

> Hello everyone...

> My name is Jane. I am very glad to have found this list as we are

still

> in the " numb " stage here as we continue the diagnosis process. My

> youngest child is 19 months old and wasn't gaining weight. She also

has

> asthma so we went for a sweat test. The result came out borderline

so

> we went back at did another test which came out much lower but they

also

> took blood for a genetic screen. I got the results of that screen

> today. They looked for the top 30 mutations (of the 900 possible CF

> ones) and found she had one of these. Now apparently they start the

> search for the second gene using my and my husband's DNA also. The

> clincher here is that 2 days before we had the results of the first

> sweat test, I found out I was expecting another baby. So the stress

> level is a little high 'round here. We are back at the CF clinic

next

> week and will talk to the geneticist about the siuation.

> Has anyone else had such a confusing time trying to get a diagnosis?

I

> thought CF would be fairly clear cut to detect.

> Thanks,

> Jane, wife of Tom, mom of wocf, Tony wocf, wocf,

Meredith

> wocf, Eleanora maybe wcf and one on the way.

• 7 years later...

Hello everyone;                          I'm new to this group, my name is Sara Enee (call me Rowanfae), I'm 25 and living in the country, in Quebec, Canada.                          I'm on the SC diet since...August, I think (100%,SCD, at least). Before that, I was only on a Gluten-Free diet, after years on a "special ibs" diet (which made me much worst, and never help at all because we found out last Summer that it was NOT ibs causing all the mess in my poor skinny body. It was Celiac Disease!). Poor me, I was having breakfast, everyday, with oat porridge and bananas...and every diner with french breads! (hum...and yes, we are french-canadian, but quebecois). And the Gluten-Free wasn't working at all.

Still in pain, exhausted and skinny.                         Well, this SC diet is something! I can see a change after only three months (not a miracle, but there's progress). It was very difficult for me to follow all the guidelines and "laws", but after a whole month, I was IN and I even began to have some fun.                          I love making my precious yogurt each weeks (and even got a bigger yogurt maker as a gift!), making my own scd-bread, muffins, great funny cookies and such. Despite the great exhaustion caused by the dis-ease (and other health issues), I have the strength and courage to cook in the morning from time to time. At least, I got some energies, thanks to the SC diet! That's my own personal little miracle.                          Since mid-September, I'm finally regular. But I'm still bloated (sometimes), having

pain in my stomach and bowels (sometimes too), reflux (rarer), but at last it's not an everyday nightmare. I can even have a good week (sweet!). I hope that in the future months those things will go and disappear completely, and that I could call a month a "good month".                           Well, that's enough for today. I'm very happy for having found this group, and I hope that my questions will be answered, as they will probably come. It was a great challenge for me to find almond flour and a great yogurt starter (I was SO afraid to eat my first yogurt, even taste it was kind of spooky! lol I'm lactose intolerant, pretty powerfully). Thanks to my dad, he tasted it, and next month he run to get me a bigger yogurt-maker to make more! How sweet!                             Yogurt rock!                               Have a nice

day;                                                        Rowanfae                           Dragons are made with two primal ingredients (and many others too, of course).With Fire and Ice, dragons are born after a year and a day of incubation into the Belly of Mother Earth.So, be cool with Mama Earth! She could send Her Dragons to you if you fool around!Rowanfae