sick for months now, pumped up with antibiotics, lost 40 pounds and

was screaming with pain. I feel so badly because I wonder if

something else could have been done? Was he " too far gone " with his

Crohns/colitis that they really needed to take his colon? Is it too

late to do SCD if your colon is removed? Do I dare send him the BTVC

book or is that just being too pushy and mean? Any advice on what we

can send him to boost his spirits. I don't think any food basket

would be appropriate!!! By the way, my husband said they are going to

put the colon back. WHAT?! I don't think he heard that right!

Thank you for your insights,

Leaky gut

SCD since 9/9/08

Hello..maybe this will help, On sept 10th my husband went to Cleveland Clinic to have a colonoscopy. He was dx with severe crohns in Oct 2002. We have been to Indians to see dr. brasco(jordan rubins GI Doctor (makers diet)), to chicago to see Dr.Mercola (mercola.com), OSU Gi research doctor..TN GI DR..and many more. We were always told this is the Worst case IVe ever seen! He had Crohns- ulcers from Mouth to anus . He constantly has battled anemia( hemoglobin 5.0), low iron, malabsorption of vitamins and minerals, and enormously swollen joints. Anyway during the colonoscopy his bowel was perforated and he developed peritonitis and within 4 hours he was going septic. He was taken to emerg surgery to repair the perforation-while they were in there they removed 60% of his colon. I had a long discussion with the surgeon afterward and seen many pictures. His ulcers in his colon were so severe his bowel was as

thin as a membrane and as stiff as copper. (Doctors words use to describe this) However, he started the diet in jan. THe doctor said his sm bowel was completely healed. Praise GOD! so he attached the end of the small bowel to the remaining colon. I do not think any amt of diet would heal those ulcers or his stiff colon. I think in the end he will be better because of this, no more leaky gut, malabsorption, etc..The swelling is almost all gone in his joints and his H/H is climbing.no more 6mp! We continue with scd, we dont want any relapses. send your friend to BTVC! Hope this helps Cgano