RemedySpot.com

Soy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I haven't sent anything recently on here, but I keep on reading what is sent.

I wanted to verify that soy is illegal. The nutritionist gave my daughter an Omega 3 supplement that has a small amount of soy in it. I questioned it but she felt would be ok. I gave Rach 1 tsp yesterday after lunch. Her stomach bothered her a little bit as the evening approached. By bedtime, she pooped 3 times before she could fall asleep. She said it was the worst her stomach has felt since before her celiac diagnosis 2 years ago.

Just wanted everyone's opinion if they felt it was the supplement.

Also, she still feels achey most of the time, flu like achey. Is that normal for it to always be there? (She has an overgrowth of d-lactate bacteria in her small intestine.) So she's on the SCD for a few months now. She sees improvement with her stomach. But is achey.

Also, her anxiety has gotten better. I'm seeing improvement in her with that, but she still has anxiety. We're still making baby steps to get her back to school. She hasn't been there yet this school year. She's on a homebound/tutoring thing with the teachers at school.

She has celiac disease, this bacterial overgrowth and a thyroid issue that she takes iodine drops for. She's 13.

Here's another question. She's been drinking Knudson's juice, but the Cranberry Nectar one, not the Just Juices ones. She seems to do ok with it. By drinking that, is that harming her or not healing her gut - if it's illegal? Or can she drink it since she has no side effects from it?

Also, here is where I am totally confused. Her food intolerances were dairy and egg whites. But with this diet, you can have eggs, and butter and hivarti cheese (as well as some others). So can she have eggs and butter and hivarti or not, since they are food intolerances? This whole thing is so confusing to me. The diet makes sense, but then when you put the food intolerances in to the mix, it gets harder and harder to do. (I had the gluten free diet down to a science for the last 2 years with her. This is so much harder.)

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone might have to my questions.

Marla

To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 8:21:31 PMSubject: Re: What's everybody serving for Thanksgiving???

Turkey, from Bates House of TurkeySCD DressingSCD GravySCD apple-cranberry- pecan compote (which I also make for my husband's work parties)SCD spinach with pearl onions and brie sauceSCD cranberry sauceSCD Cheesy Mashed "potatoes"SCD mock yams (butternut squash) -- my father, a squash hater, likes this oneSCD muffins (instead of a loaf of bread -- easier to hand muffins around)SCD eggnog frozen yogurt ('cause the pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake are too heavy over all of the above.White wine

— Marilyn New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund