RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: minerals?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

JH

A lot depends on your particular needs, and how your body tolerates supplements.

I do best taking supplements with individual ingredients, but many people do fine with a multivitamin or other mixed vitamin and minerals.

My primary care doctor checks my mineral levels via blood work every 6 months to keep an eye on things. One of my problems, though, is that my cells don't seem to utilize the minerals and other biochemicals my body makes available. Still, my doctors do monitor my mineral levels regularly, so you might check with your doctors on this and determine if there are any deficiencies.

I have some neuromuscular and malabsorption issues so find I need to boost my electrolytes nearly every day, plus add several minerals (magnesium, potassium, calcium) several times a week. I've just started a trial of a calcium/magnesium powder that also includes boron and Vitamin D. I like powder supplements so I can control the dosage size, and mix it in water or juice to get it past my oversensitive stomach and upper GI.

Kim M.

SCD 5 years

>>>>>>>>>>

Should we be taking extra minerals? Are they best single supplements orcombination.I already am taking calcium, magnesium, silica, chromium, are there more?-- JHscd 4 yearscd