RemedySpot.com

Re: Nut Question Re: Newbie to the SCD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Kim,

I get my almond flour from, http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/flour-specialty.aspx They have great prices and shipping is only $4.49 anywhere in the US. They ship quickly and I've never had any problems with the product. I order 25 lbs. at a time. It is in bulk so when it arrives, I put it into gallon size ziplock bags and store it in the freezer.

The almond flour is very finely ground. It is much finer and a better price than Nutty Guys' almond flour. Everyone talks about how finely ground Lucy's nut flour is, http://www.lucyskitchenshop.com/flour.html but I've never ordered any so I don't know how it compares to her's. The Honeyville almond flour is very nice and is a better price.

Take care,

Kim H.

husband, , CD 1999, SCD 2002

Question, re: nut flours.I need to experiment with "bread" and pancakes, and I am beginning to understand that they are not all the same. Does anyone have preferences as to where they buy them? Do they buy them pre-ground, or grind themselves? If you want to respond to me off list, that would be fine - I appreciate any and all info, including preferred sources for issues like product quality, cost, coarse vs fine grind, different types of flours, etc.Thanks in advance,Kim in NJ, New to BTVC - Transitioning to SCDSBS/bowel resection Feb 03, GF since May 1 08Two boys, ADHD, SPD, leaky gut, bacterial overgrowth age 3.5; GFCF since July 1 - Husband along for the ride and supportive, thankfully

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Yahoo! Health

Memory Loss

Are you at risk

for Alzheimers?

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Featured Y! Groups

and category pages.