RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:Lots of pain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm writing because I'm frustrated and hysterical.

Has anyone found a doctor that understands this diet? I'm in the Chicago area.

The only thing that Rach had this morning different from the last several days was a hamburger patty with a little hivarti cheese on it. She's had it before and was fine.

She also had eggs and a banana like she has every morning.

But she ended up with extreme pain. Where it feels like someone is punching her stomach. She felt like throwing up but didn't.

It lasted longer than usual. She's had pain in the past but not this long. She didn't want to go to the ER though.

It passed now but she's scared to eat anything. And she wants to be able to still go to school today. It's Wens. morn.

We also got her checked on a hospital scale last night and she's only 99.5 lbs. I thought she was 105 lbs. The nurse said she's lost 10 lbs in 2 months. and that's when we started the diet. So I'm upset about that.

I just really don't know what to do at this point. I feel helpless as a mom. She should be feeling good on this diet by now, right? The book says that it doesn't help some people. Is she one of them? And if so, what's our next step?

Please give me advice. I need it desperately.

Marla

To: BTVC-SCD Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:19:51 PMSubject: Re: Re:Any good tips for reheating food at work?

At 07:31 PM 12/16/2008, you wrote:

Why don't you want to heat your lunch in the microwave? Many people feel that the use of microwaves is unhealthy, that it disrupts the nutrients and enzymes in the food, and that this is not something which you want on a journey to heal yourself with food.I do not have a working microwave, and am in no hurry to replace the one I have because I've found that placing food on an oven safe plate on the top shelf of my oven, and pre-heating the oven to 350F, then turning it off, heats the food far more evenly and completely than any microwave. I also have a toaster oven for re-heating small stuff.However, Elaine never banned the use of microwaves, feeling that it was better to eat micro-waved SCD food than to eat SAD which was prepared non-microwave.I'm not interested in arguing the pros and cons of microwaves. So for those of you who choose to

use them, feel free. For those of you who choose not to use them, that's our personal choice.

— Marilyn New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

Dear Marla,

Please don't be surprised if some loss of weight occurs in the beginning of the diet. As I learned it is common. Please consider what helped me when I was in pain: more gentle food. Hamburgers and cheese not an easy food to digest in my opinion ( for some people even with healthy stomach). Plus, I don't know if its made at home from scratch or not. In some cases, meat may not be fresh.

So, start from feeding Rach with boiled fish or chicken (more easy to digest)+ egg, then add a little butter to it for taste, later meat balls (steamed), zucchini and carrots boiled+ butter +salt, then mashed bananas+ a lot of fluid, eat Small portions of farmer's cheese+ honey. (I ate a lot of soup and farmer's cheese +honey when I felt weak and in pain).

Add food 1 item in 3 days, very slowly. Eat very small portions (1 ball and chicken broth for example). Keep a diary about foods that Rach eats.

I hope it helps.

Why don't you want to heat your lunch in the microwave? Many people feel that the use of microwaves is unhealthy, that it disrupts the nutrients and enzymes in the food, and that this is not something which you want on a journey to heal yourself with food.I do not have a working microwave, and am in no hurry to replace the one I have because I've found that placing food on an oven safe plate on the top shelf of my oven, and pre-heating the oven to 350F, then turning it off, heats the food far more evenly and completely than any microwave. I also have a toaster oven for re-heating small stuff.However, Elaine never banned the use of microwaves, feeling that it was better to eat micro-waved SCD food than to eat SAD which was prepared non-microwave.I'm not interested in arguing the pros and cons of microwaves. So for those of you who choose to

use them, feel free. For those of you who choose not to use them, that's our personal choice.

— Marilyn New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Undiagnosed IBS since 1976, SCD since 2001 Darn Good SCD Cook No Human Children Shadow & Sunny Longhair Dachshund

>The only thing that Rach had this morning different from the last several

>days was a hamburger patty with a little hivarti cheese on it. She's had it

>before and was fine.

She also had eggs and a banana like she has every morning.<

Sometimes things get worse before they get better.

Her stomach is probably very confused at the moment.

She is getting lots of pills and the food is changing.

Meat+cheese is a tricky combination for some people.

Maybe her intense pain is the searing pain that comes

when food lies in the stomach for too long - that can

really hurt!!! It can feel like a burning dagger is stuck

in your gut.

The nausea can also be from food lying in the stomach

for too long. And the relief comes when the food finally

shifts.

I had this a lot of my childhood and I grew fearful of

food. I remember I used to lie on the cold basement

floor because that would give some relief.

There is some combination or something she is getting

that is not right for her. You keep writing " this diet "

is not working, but maybe it is your cooking method,

or the way you combine food, because there is no

exact diet, it is always what we make of it.

It may also be that your daughter needs to relax more

when she eats, learn to chew slowly and so help her

body get the right signals that food is on the way.

It helps me to eat in front of the tv, because I relax

more.

Also, and painfully, sometimes we parents need

to look at ourselves and ask what we are doing

that may be making the situation worse.

Talking about the ER and being upset about her

not wanting to make Christmas cookies are a

few things you have written about, that would

make me worried if I was your daughter.

Daughters love their mothers so much and

they feel their stress and anxiety. That is why it

is so important for us to stay calm and stable.

The human digestion system is programmed

so it will stop working when stressed.

I know staying stable is not easy. I can go

up and down if I don't eat properly and I get

the sense that you have good and bad days

as well. Try to work on that side of things.

Cecilia

>> The only thing that Rach had this morning different from the last

>> several

>> days was a hamburger patty with a little hivarti cheese on it.

>> She's had it

>> before and was fine.

Has she had it for breakfast before?

Sometimes the body is time sensitive to food - Elaine found this

to be true of her daughter with respect to orange juice. It

had a bad effect in the morning, but was fine at other times.

I have this issue with coffee - I'm more sensitive to its effects

in the morning, but not in the afternoon or evening.

Mara